The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
x Mr Awesome x
Pandinus
x Mr Awesome x

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2010-01-30

B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question: Empty
PostSubject: B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:   B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question: Empty2/4/2010, 5:55 am

I'm new to scorpions but currently have a male B. jacksoni and H. longimanus and awaiting G. grandidieri. With my grandidieri order I'm also getting a female jacksoni. I'm wanting to tank the male and female together. Is there anything I should know or be aware of? My male is adult as is the female. Thanks for the help!

-ben
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/xbenpetersonx
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:   B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question: Empty2/4/2010, 2:31 pm

My knowledge is certainly lacking with this species but i'm sure if you wait a little while, you're bound to get some decent answers from some of the others Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:   B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question: Empty2/6/2010, 2:27 am

If you want them to mate straight away, let the female settle into her own tank for a few days and then introduce the male -- I'm reasonably sure this allows any pheromones to do their thing and let the male know there's a lady-type around somewhere.

If your main goal is just cohabitation, rearrange the male's tank to disrupt any territory and then introduce the female.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:   B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question: Empty

Back to top Go down

B. jacksoni male and introducing female. Question:
Page 1 of 1