The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Feeding question...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MachRhAYNe
Pandinus
MachRhAYNe

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Feeding question... Empty
PostSubject: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty1/23/2010, 8:51 pm

First off, I'm not sure if this question specifically applies to this forum so if it doesn't then will someone move it and let me know? Thanks.

As for the question, I read (I think it was one of the posts here somewhere) that you can feed your emps small lizards and mice. Is this true? And if so, how old does the emp need to be before these types of feeders can be introduced.

Mine is a female (I think..lol) and she is a sub-adult. Thanks folks. :HeathJoker:
Back to top Go down
Shinryuu
Hadogenes
Shinryuu

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty1/23/2010, 9:34 pm

There is absolutely no benefit to feeding live vertebrates. Basically, it's a slow and painful death due to the emp's weak venom. It's just gruesome and inhumane to have these animals go through that "hell". Next, too much calcium can lead to problems during molting, which may kill or incapacitate your scorpion for the remainder of its life. It would also be quite a mess to clean up after and smell pretty bad if it doesn't eat it all (which I'd guess likely wouldn't).

Seriously, unless you actually enjoy seeing mice and lizards being tortured, stick to crickets and roaches.
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty1/24/2010, 12:17 pm

Basically, do NOT feed scorpions vertebrates. That's all you need to know. Smile
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty1/24/2010, 5:20 pm

Up to you, but there's not much gain feeding them lizards and mice. Maybe once in a long while would be alright, but crickets and roaches work just fine. They're also easier to clean up in the end.
Back to top Go down
The-New-Guy
Babycurus
The-New-Guy

Number of posts : 289
Registration date : 2009-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty1/24/2010, 10:01 pm

*Agrees with whats already been said*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feeding question...   Feeding question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Feeding question...
Page 1 of 1