The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Can an emp and a spinifer live together?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dannyboi
Pandinus
dannyboi

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty
PostSubject: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/1/2010, 7:17 pm

Was in the pet store the other day and saw an emperor scorpion for sale and I was just wondering could I add a spinifer and an emperor in the same tank?

If yes what size tank would you recommend, many thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/1/2010, 8:03 pm

Yes, they could.
I kept mine in a 20 gallon.
But there where 3
Back to top Go down
dannyboi
Pandinus
dannyboi

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/1/2010, 8:22 pm

Thank you for the reply!

whats the smallest you would recommend, 20 gallon yes? Would two scorps be ok if I provided enough hides and food?

I can get a 6 gallon (us gallon) tank for a good price.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/1/2010, 8:37 pm

2 in a 10 gal is fine, 2 in a 20 gal is more than enough. I would put about 3 hides in. A lot of times scorpions tend to hang out together, but my communal setup didn't go as well. The emp kept harassing the het. and wanted to dominate a certain hide. Just watch them for about a week as they may seem to get along, but become enemies later.
Back to top Go down
dannyboi
Pandinus
dannyboi

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/1/2010, 8:45 pm

Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Prop_1_42677

I had the one on the bottom right in mind, but its only 6 gallon, I may keep an eye out for a 10 gallon tank.

I currently have my spinifer in the medium sized one (top centre), but would like to try a communal set up if possible.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/2/2010, 1:14 am

I would go to walmart and get a glass 10 gallon aquarium. They're like $13 bucks and a great size. I think that's cheaper than the 6 gallon you're looking at too lol. Those kritter keepers are insanely expensive.
Back to top Go down
dannyboi
Pandinus
dannyboi

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/2/2010, 2:45 pm

Thanks, I live in Ireland though and we get fleeced on reptile tanks etc..

Ill look into it tomorrow though, I could keep the scorp on its own and get the same size tank for the emperor (top middle in the pic) for €9 but I cant help thinking that its way too small for the scorp.

I have a very large aquarium but even with a heat lamp (100w) and a heat mat I find it very hard to maintain a temp above 70", so I have my scorps in individual mini tanks within the larger aquarium, the temp in these tanks are perfect, but very hard to maintain humidity.

Cool signature haha.
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/2/2010, 6:07 pm

hmm, maybe you can fill the large aquarium with about 2-3 inches of gravel or so and then fill it with water? Then place the two small tanks in it again. This would be like an exterior false bottom setup and may help w/ the humidity.
lol thanks, you're the first to comment Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty1/3/2010, 12:16 am

People have done this, some successfully, some not. I would err on the side of caution and not suggest it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can an emp and a spinifer live together?   Can an emp and a spinifer live together? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can an emp and a spinifer live together?
Page 1 of 1