The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help

Go down 
+2
Rasputin
kfc rocks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kfc rocks
Pandinus

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-02

how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty
PostSubject: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/2/2009, 4:40 pm

I got a pandinus emperator female scorpion and wanted a male so i bought an infant scorpion which i thought was male but i want to make sure
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/2/2009, 5:26 pm

This is very much a question for: The Burrow in Ghana: Emperor Zone, a section of ScorpionForum, where all the questions regarding Pandinus imperator get answered. The answer to your question cane be found on the stickied thread at the top of that section of the forum: Frequently Asked Questions about Emperor Scorpions (P. Imperator)

CLICK ON THE RED WORDS
Back to top Go down
H. laoticus
Parabuthus
H. laoticus

Number of posts : 1401
Registration date : 2009-03-26

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/2/2009, 5:39 pm

If you have any trouble sexing it you can post a pic of the underside and we may be able to help.

edit: btw, looks like you're new, welcome to the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/3/2009, 12:26 pm

Ras, it's also a question for the "sexing species" section. Very Happy

Thread moved.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/3/2009, 12:27 pm

Also, if by "infant," you mean it's a fairly early instar, it may be more difficult to sex.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/3/2009, 12:28 pm

Mr. Mordax wrote:
Ras, it's also a question for the "sexing species" section. Very Happy

Plbtttttt! tongue That's all I have to say to that, Mike!
Back to top Go down
kfc rocks
Pandinus

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/4/2009, 1:12 pm

thanks for the wellcome and the help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AbiB
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/4/2009, 5:24 pm

Hey this should help

[img]how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Sexing10[/img]
Back to top Go down
AbiB
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-10-31

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/4/2009, 5:25 pm

and welcome to the forum Smile
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/4/2009, 5:36 pm

AbiB wrote:
Hey this should help

Yes, much like this line:
"Q: How do I know if my Emperor is a male or female?
A: You can tell by the size of the pectines(the feather looking things). The males would be much thicker and longer than female’s pectines. You can also tell by the shape of the Genital Operculum. The males have an oval shaped Operculum and the females are more rectangular. Here is a link to one of my sexing pictures https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v232/cyris69/Sexing.jpg?t=1198270713"

Taken from here: Frequently Asked Questions about Emperor Scorpions (P. Imperator)

But that is neither here nor there
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/5/2009, 2:20 am

During an insect exhibition an elderly lady asked the same question regarding scorpions to which my shrewd friend replied: -

"In females the mouthparts are bigger, the brains are smaller... and they can't drive."

This sexist statement does not represent any sentiment of mine, but I still find it darn hilarious!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty11/5/2009, 2:53 am

Abib, that pic doesn't look like an emperor to me . . .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help   how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help Empty

Back to top Go down

how do i know if a scorpon is male or female please help
Page 1 of 1