The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Steatoda grossa eggsacks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Steatoda grossa eggsacks Empty
PostSubject: Steatoda grossa eggsacks   Steatoda grossa eggsacks Empty10/26/2009, 7:39 am

Well, I have 11 female S. grossas ranging from sub-adult to adult and tonight one made an eggsack and another is making an eggsack as I type this. As exciting as this is, I was really hoping to get rid of them and now I have 2 egg sacks to watch and incubate. Ugh! This brings the spider count up to 0.11.xxx S. grossa, 0.1.0 S. triangulosa and 0.1.0 A. cavaticus - all I want to do is rebuild my army of scorps and I end up with an army of spiders (I even tried getting rid of them to Ken The Bug Guy but he said they were not popular enough <S. grossa was the spider used in the spider man movie, they painted the stripes blue and red; not popular, why not?> Crying or Very sad maybe I'll offer him this jumping spider that lives on the desk Razz he sells those).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Steatoda grossa eggsacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steatoda grossa eggsacks   Steatoda grossa eggsacks Empty10/26/2009, 11:24 am

I have a few S. grossa that pop out eggsacs regularly. They're kind of a pain, 'cause unlike Latrodectus, they don't conveniently cannibalize down to a few well-fed individuals -- they just starve instead.

I think they're not too popular because you can find them in the dark corners of most homes. Our friend has a few that live under her bottom T shelf and catch all the escaped crickets.
Back to top Go down

Steatoda grossa eggsacks
Page 1 of 1