The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty
PostSubject: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty10/12/2009, 11:46 pm

Hi guys..

i am thinking thru this for soemtime and i tot i ask the expert here for cinfirmation and views Smile

is it advisable to house the following :

a) 6 x 3i Androctonus Mauritanicus in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.
b) 3 x 3i Leiurus Quinquestriatus in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.
c) 6 x 3i Androctonus Australis Hector(Tunisia) in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.
d) 4 x 5i Hottentotta Hottentotta in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.
e) 4 x 5i Parabuthus Transvaalicus in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.
f) 3 x Buthus Occitanus in a group till they reach adult hood? in a single setup.

taking into consideration that hides , food and water were provided . do u guys think it will work out??
reasons for this is because i am thinking of letting get used to each other and promote breeding when the time comes on their own.... currently they are all housed singlely ...

thanks
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty10/13/2009, 12:27 am

The only scorpions I would recommend housing together before adulthood are Pandinus spp. and Heterometrus spp.

Anything else I wouldn't trust them at molting time (or any time, with some species).
Back to top Go down
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty10/13/2009, 12:45 am

I have never heard any of the sp above was successfully being kept together
Mostly end up with cannibalism when one molted, take H.Hottentotta as example...
Buthidae never do well together before they reach adulthood, correct me if im wrong

Plus, if im not mistaken, i read in Arachnoboard that the chance of successfully breeding them is higher if u separated them before putting them together to breed
Back to top Go down
Lester
Tityus
Lester

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2009-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty10/13/2009, 12:47 am

i see does that mean once they reach adulthood .. they can be housed together ??? of each sp i meant
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty10/13/2009, 10:24 am

To the best of my knowledge, all Hottentotta spp. are communal as adults.

Brian S. keeps his adult Androctonus spp. together.

IRCC, Eddy has kept L. quinquestriatus together.

I can't say on Buthus spp. or Parabuthus spp..

The only scorpions that I know of for sure that are cannibalistic as adults are in families Vaejovidae and Ischnuridae
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)   Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Are we able to housed these scorpion together ??? i meant each sp of it own :)
Page 1 of 1