The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Substrate... and mites.

Go down 
+2
H. laoticus
MissAdema
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MissAdema
Pandinus

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Substrate... and mites. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Substrate... and mites.   Substrate... and mites. - Page 2 Empty11/23/2009, 3:52 am

I know this is late, but I've been working 2 jobs and overtime at one of them due to those wicked holidays.

I put some Vaseline on him where the mites are. He sure didn't like it and wasted his time trying to impale the poor cotton tip applicator. I have him in a plastic critter keeper (the plastic tank that they give you for hermit crabs and stuff) with just a moistened paper towel on the bottom.

1. How long should he be isolated in there to kill the mites?
2. How do I know if the mites are killed off?
3. Do I wipe the Vaseline off of him, and will it bother him if I don't get it all off?
4. I'm going to assume I should change out his entire tank. Should I even bother putting the moss back in or just keep it gravel and soil?
5. How do I prevent these things from coming back?

Sorry, I'm just trying to get it right this time! I put the Vaseline on him and isolated him around noon today.
Back to top Go down

Substrate... and mites.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2