The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty
PostSubject: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/12/2009, 8:42 pm

Hottentotta hottentotta
Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Moulted
I know I sound like a broken record whenever I say, “I’ve been meaning to post this up for awhile,” in fact almost a month since my dear friend rafiqos gave me a H. hottentotta for my 30th – Cheers bro.

I’ve heard so much about them i.e. being one of several parthenogenic buthid species with an attitude of infamous proportions; a short temper matched by the speed of its strike. I had them before but sadly my prior 3rd instars easily succumbed to ants that once plagued my house; a treachery ultimately dissolved with bait poison. I am thus thankful to be a proud owner of this species once more.

Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Heather
As always the coloration of young buthids lends to their popularity and their hardiness is nonetheless a grateful bonus, particularly for savannah types.
Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Toothpick
Apparently, I’ve been messing around with housing options ranging from toothpick dispensers to various-sized cookie jars.

This treasured gift came to me as a 3rd instar so basically I’m picking up where I left off – thanks again rafiq.
Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta IMG_4881
I took some blacklight shots of it as it approached molting which I missed out on, touché.
Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta IMG_4915
Nevertheless, I’m just as happy that it successfully reached 4th instar in my care. Like anyone else; I hope for it to reach the point when it is capable of self-procreation.
Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Hotty1

Being in Malaysia, our humidity can be adversely problematic for desert and dry/climate species. This and my unfamiliarity with scorpion species of those biotypes, means that any advice will be greatly appreciated.

I hope my currently used substrate and choice ‘furniture’ is appropriate... Cheers
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/12/2009, 9:54 pm

oooh niiiiiice new additions. congrats Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/13/2009, 4:29 am

Sigh, remind me of my late HH Sad
Getting another one soon here, congrate on ur new addiction
Back to top Go down
rafiqos
Centruroides
rafiqos

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/14/2009, 12:03 am

The first few picture got me scared. The enclosure looked almost heterometrus-damp. But the last picture gave me a relief. Razz

Nice scorpion Alex. I hope she gives you babies. Imagine having a communal hottentotta tank! Drool
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/rafiqos
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/14/2009, 11:33 am

That's a pretty awesome birthday present. Cool
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty6/14/2009, 12:41 pm

rafiqos wrote:
The first few picture got me scared. The enclosure looked almost heterometrus-damp. But the last picture gave me a relief. Razz

Nice scorpion Alex. I hope she gives you babies. Imagine having a communal hottentotta tank! Drool

the first 3 were of the ones now deceased.

the rest are current.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta   Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta Empty

Back to top Go down

Best B'day Present - Hottentotta hottentotta
Page 1 of 1