The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Made it to second instar! **with pictures now

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sheisty
Pandinus

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty
PostSubject: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/29/2009, 9:02 pm

I introduced myself in the introduce yourself forums, but I figured I'd post in here too. My scorpion had 24-26 babies, cant exactly count without disturbing her, about a week ago, they ALL!! Very Happy molted to 2nd instar no problem. I peeked in the tank today as I always do to check the humidity and bam, bunch of miniature white little scorpions hanging around their mom. One is running wildly around the tank. This is so interesting. I'll try to get a picture if they are out and about. I'm pretty excited!

Last edited by Sheisty on 5/30/2009, 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 6:38 am

Nice! In a few days you can chuck in a few head-crushed crickets!
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 8:06 am

nice one, hope mine will make it too!
Back to top Go down
AshMashMash
Babycurus
AshMashMash

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 11:45 am

Awesome! Pics pics Razz
Back to top Go down
Sheisty
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 3:32 pm

Ok, you asked for pictures, I just opened the tank to add some water and mom came out with hordes of babies on her back. there is ONE that is already taking off, he was all over the tank so I took the opportunity to lift him out and get a good picture. First picture is her with all the babies, sorry for kinda low light as I didn't want to disturb. And the 2nd one, well youll have to click on the link and then click on the picture to see it in full size, and all it's glory. Resizing it just doesn't do it any justice!

first instar:
Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Resize

second instar:
Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Resize-1

And little adventerous guy:(Click the link, then click on the actual picture for full size)

https://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v52/krazydbiker/?action=view&current=DSCN0361.jpg

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kuma
Tityus
Kuma

Number of posts : 839
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 3:40 pm

Awsome brood!
Back to top Go down
binksyboy3
Androctonus
binksyboy3

Number of posts : 1690
Registration date : 2009-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty5/30/2009, 3:45 pm

Kuma wrote:
Awsome brood!

What more can i say!
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty6/6/2009, 9:48 am

did all of them make it to second instar????

Edit: that is beautiful too~ thats what my babies look like right now too... but a few scorplings arent yet in 2Instar, i can see them prepared for it though~ Smile

good Luck on your pokemons.! affraid
Back to top Go down
Sheisty
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty6/6/2009, 1:49 pm

Thanks! Yes, they all made it to 2nd instar. They are just a day away from being 2 weeks old. they molted to 2nd instar after 6 days. They are all dark brown now eating crickets, well smashed up crickets. I already have given 2 away to someone I know that has 2 adults, he wants to raise up a couple of babies. I seperated them from their mother the day they climbed off her back, all of them into the same tank. I took a clay pot, smashed it and used the peices for them to hide under since they like tight flat spaces. Kept the humidity at 75-80% and temp at 80 degrees for the first molt. keeping the same thing for them so hopefully they molt to 3rd instar with little problems.
Back to top Go down
RX8 TuRbo
Centruroides
RX8 TuRbo

Number of posts : 168
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty6/9/2009, 12:32 am

Oh, okay.. thats good to hear~

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Made it to second instar! **with pictures now   Made it to second instar! **with pictures now Empty

Back to top Go down

Made it to second instar! **with pictures now
Page 1 of 1