The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge

Go down 
+12
rafiqos
*Connie*
Kuma
LadyRiotControl
Barry
Kejser
Mr. Mordax
Lester
Rideon
binksyboy3
aros
RyoKenzaki
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge   A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty5/26/2009, 3:35 pm

They have eggs in the soil, and they can resist stuff pretty good, plus they can wander come from allmost anywere. And why are you so concerned about good mites? i have some in the boxes and stuff but thats because i havent cleaned in a while, if you keep a clean tank it doesnt get there as much? and if it does? who cares? dear god i have keept scorpions for a while now and never had problems with mites.. i dont see why ppl are making such a big fuss..
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge   A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty5/26/2009, 5:42 pm

Mites in one form or another are all around us. our homes are not mite proof...

They are even in your bed eating your waste skin cells.

for every creature on the planet, there is at least one mite that co-exists with them.

We nuke our substrates most of the time. but mites will always find their way back. as said before the key to keeping numbers down is good maintenance and husbandry.
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge   A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty5/26/2009, 7:44 pm

Rideon wrote:
so the one in the water is actually good mites...according to corpselight.. they like overfilled water. I've seen these things moving about in the water.. I thought it was bad mites... so i threw it away and replace with new water... but it kept on coming back but less number... now there is still in there but very little amount...so i presume that the one in the water is good mites then
no i was talking about woodlice not mites. they are not at all related to the mites, but as they breathe through gills, they need an over-filled water bowl. mites breathe like spiders i'd assume, but dehydrate rapidly.
woodlice will keep the number of mites down significantly through out-competing them for food and possibly eating their eggs.

honestly, i think all this fear of mites is overblown.
Back to top Go down
Rideon
Centruroides
Rideon

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2009-02-28

PostSubject: Re: A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge   A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty5/26/2009, 9:59 pm

aros wrote:
i don noe, because I don really practice microwaving the substrates. Btw urs is microwaved is it, rideon?

i dont microwave me substrates.. before i use for me scors, i always let the sun burn it 1st for few hours then use it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge   A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A new way to hold a scorp? Good or bad, come judge
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4