The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus spinifer babies

Go down 
+2
*Connie*
Leonidas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Leonidas
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty
PostSubject: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/2/2008, 4:28 am

Almost a month ago,me Het gave birth to many young.They stayed on her back for a long time bu thne they started walking like mad in her burrow.As they are still in her burrow,when I put a light form the terrarium's side I can see them walking all over the burrow,but when they see the light they immediately go to their mum.They are sort of whitish,they eat half dead crix and very active and have fully developped legs.Shoul I dig them up and ut them in little boxes?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/2/2008, 4:38 am

Maybe wait a little while longer before digging them up since they are running to mum for safety, maybe a little bit longer and they will look after themselves more

xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/2/2008, 5:41 am

It's fine to leave them with mom for now. They're at a stage where it's safe to separate them (they can be housed together), but it sounds like it would be too much of a hassle. I've known people to keep baby forest scorps with mom for the whole time without any problems.
Back to top Go down
g-thing
Hadogenes
g-thing

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: babys   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/2/2008, 10:14 am

just keep them well fed
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/2/2008, 1:10 pm

yeah keep them fed and make sure the mother get enough to eat and drink so that she doesn't get stressed.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Leonidas
Pandinus

PostSubject: WELL FINALY GOT THEM   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 9:23 am

Well I finaly put them iin little boxes and they are 19.Is this a normal number?Should i feed live or dead?I cut meealies and crix in pieces and fed them.I should feed twice a week?
Now i put the feamalke in her cage with her new,enormou mate!They seamed to chase each other but after she ate a roach everything is fine again...
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 10:40 am

You have removed them from the mother?

19 sounds about right, pandinus can have about 8-20 so Im sure for yours its a good number. The more the better! Very Happy

I have been feeding mine crickets with their heads cut off. That way no risk to them and its still moving to get their attention. I pop in about two-three crickets. Was going to do mine every other day but have forgotten, will feed mine tonight.
I like how they get all round and full bellied.

xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 11:33 am

Nineteen is a great number; avoid feeding mealworms fulltime as they're on the fatty side. If you offer crickets just headcrush them and leave them twitching. Feed as often as they'll eat, but remove uneaten prey after a day or so. And don't panic if anyone quits eating for a few weeks.

Y'know, the basics. Smile And it's safe to house the babies together.
Back to top Go down
Leonidas
Pandinus

PostSubject: thanks for everything   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 3:01 pm

as often as thw eat you mean three times a week?thanx both for the help! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 3:27 pm

just watch how fat they get, if they get too fat just keep abit low with food, then just feed them up again.. works pretty good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 3:38 pm

What I meant was, if they take prey, then feed them. If they ignore prey, don't feed them (try again later). Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty3/3/2008, 5:39 pm

we put 4 crickets in tonight and I thought they werent interested. Went back 10 minutes later and those poor crickets have been dragged all over the tank...maybe more then 4 should be put in. As some arent feeding I think 2 more can go in tomorrow

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus spinifer babies   Heterometrus spinifer babies Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus spinifer babies
Page 1 of 1