The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?

Go down 
+2
scorpion111
jcopela3
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty
PostSubject: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 4:21 pm

im just curious because i will be buying one here very soon and from what i have read it sounds like it is less maitenance than emps
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 4:28 pm

some folks would say these are easier to care for than Emps. I suppose you don't really need to bother with humidity and stuff as much as you do with Emps. I think the only time people have really encountered problems with this species is moulting and raising young.

Last edited by scorpion111 on 1/23/2009, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pandinus
Hadogenes
pandinus

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 4:32 pm

they are completey different in their care, so i just cant really compare the care of the two. though i will say that a desert hairy does have relatively low matainence requirements, but then again so do most scorpions anyway.

John
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EKS_arachnid_society/
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 4:36 pm

Most scorpions are easy to care :p

But with desert species there's no need to worry about humidity which could be a more work with other scorpions.

I say Desert Hairys are better then emps in terms of lower care.
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 10:02 pm

I started with an Emp. Then got a desert hairy next...it was much easier, but mainly because I read up on them and knew what to do...basically. I was clueless with my first scorpion. Read everything you can find online. The best advice I can think of for fun...get the glow in the dark sand if you get a desert hairy. It looks really cool at night Smile
Back to top Go down
jcopela3
Hadogenes
jcopela3

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 10:38 pm

now its true deserts can live up tp 20 yrs in captivity? Also how would you regulate the humidity for a giant desert?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty1/23/2009, 11:44 pm

Keep em dry as adults as juvies i spray a little bit of water under some of it's hides to offer it the OPTION for humidity.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?   are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps? Empty

Back to top Go down

are giant desert hairy's just as easy to care for as Emps?
Page 1 of 1