The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)

Go down 
+2
~Abyss~
Chainsawmonkey
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Chainsawmonkey
Pandinus
Chainsawmonkey

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty
PostSubject: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty2/19/2008, 3:47 pm

Hadrurus arizonensis, Desert Hairy Scorpion, Giant Desert Hairy, you get the idea.

Substrate: a few inches sand that has been dampened and left to dry under a heat lamp for a few days.

Humidity: low to moderate - around 50 - 55%. No water dish needed, as this is a desert species, and it has adapted in a way that allows it to receive all of its water needs from its prey.

Temperature: 80º to 90º Fahrenheit

Decor: whatever is aesthetically pleasing to the keeper (see below)

Preferred hiding spot: burrows, not much of a pet hole in my experience, they come out around 65% of the time (yes I did the math)

Communal: not sure, I've only ever kept one.(*added by abyss* Not communal however some have kept them in large enclosure with little to no problems. Best success is if they are all adults)

Temperment: mildly agro, they won't try to snuff you out, but they'll give a nasty nip or sting.

Venom: mild. non lethal, but you don't want it to ever happen again. Like a very, very angry hornet sting.

They aren't as docile as an emperor but not as agro as a heterometrus, somewhere in the middle (leaning more towards heterometrus). They're actually a little easier to keep than the golden standard P. imperator. In fact, I'm getting one for my Girlfriend to get her into the hobby!

-- Don't worry if it stops eating. Scorps have slow metabolisms and sometimes go months without eating for no real reason.

-- A new scorp likes to explore its habitat. My emperors wandered around lots at night when I first got them (they also took about a week to start a burrow). So, attempts to climb the glass are nothing to worry about.

-- "A scorp that stays in its burrow is a happy scorp." 'Nuff said. If you like seeing your scorpions, make a "starter burrow" against the side of the tank. They will most likely hang out there and you can see them while they feel secure and at home.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty2/19/2008, 5:43 pm

Hope you don't mind me making some changes in later on. I have a few things to add for this species.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
ems182
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty7/4/2009, 11:01 am

pls post caresheet for h.arizonensis slings
Back to top Go down
junosama
Centruroides

Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty5/18/2011, 4:05 pm

What type of lighting do these scorpions need?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty5/19/2011, 11:59 am

No scorpion needs special lighting -- the catch-all point is that they can't see red, so it won't disturb them if you use it, and excessive UV can be detrimental.
Back to top Go down
ogopogo5000
Hadogenes
ogopogo5000

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2013-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty8/9/2013, 10:04 am

ems182 wrote:
pls post caresheet for h.arizonensis slings
agreed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)   Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Hadrurus arizonensis (Desert Hairy Scorpion)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!-
Jump to: