The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

asian forest scorpion.[question]

Go down 
+8
electrophyste
*Connie*
Erbaobao
_scorpio_
scorpion111
Mr. Mordax
Kejser
junshern222
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
junshern222
Centruroides

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2008-11-25

asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/13/2008, 4:44 am

*Connie* wrote:
if it was me I would really pour and spray on the substrate and then cover the tank, but with a nice GAP for air flow...I did this with my female and 3 days MAX later she popped.

But...if she IS thinning down...well you can but keep your fingers crossed

what i really worrying is that whether the excess humidity harm the scorp or not... Surprised
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/13/2008, 4:47 am

Dont do it every day, just make sure its nice and humid. With mine, and with all my tanks its a daily check, if one has dried a bit then I pour some more water.

I would say every few days but just watch to see the situation in the tank
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/13/2008, 1:46 pm

Sometimes it's also triggered by a drop in pressure (which usually accompanies rain), so if it rains where you live that might help her out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/13/2008, 6:10 pm

from the first pic you showed it looks to me like you keep the substrate damp enough. upping the heat and keeping just as damp as you were in the first pic will up humidity.
after all is said and done and your babies are re-homed you should look into false bottom setups, there the easiest for keeping humidity at a max!
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/15/2008, 10:03 am

can anyone tell how does an afs behave before she pops ?
mine is stationaring at a particular spot for around two three days already..
i did peek on her during night time,she stays at the same spot,always
[this happened after i gave her tank a heavy mist..pretty heavy one]
on my opinion,she stays there because she prefer the condition and humidity there,as the other parts of the tank was too damp.
anw,this is just guess,any idea guys?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/15/2008, 12:36 pm

I think you need to calm down and relax a bit. Razz

Before mine popped, she drank lots of water. As the time got close, she dug a new burrow in one of the most humid spots in the tank (right under the water dish).
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 5:41 pm

finally.
asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 S7301696
misting the tank to trigger her really works..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 5:44 pm

Now just pretend she doesn't exist for two weeks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 5:52 pm

Congratz dude!
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 6:19 pm

should i feed her?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 6:53 pm

NO, she will not benefit from food at this time and the scorplings can't either. food will just stress her out. the best thing to do at the moment is to leave her alone for a week or two, you don't want her getting stressed, this may cause her to eat the brood. so just leave her alone.

Stress + scorpion mother = one fat scorpion.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 8:23 pm

Did you read what I said? Pretend she doesn't exist for two weeks. The only thing you need to do is water the soil to maintain humidity (don't mist, the spray might irritate her at this point).
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/16/2008, 9:10 pm

i covered mine with a towel, and forgot about it.. well sort of....
your going to really want to look seeing as its your first birth, now as much as you feel you need to DONT!! just leave her alone, she WILL eat the babies if she feels stressed!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/17/2008, 4:18 am

wow. im glad she was gravid for you.
Now ignore her! 2 weeks. it took a week for my het babies to come off the back so ignore for a week and one day, and take a look and then cover back up again if they are still on her back.
Just bother to pour water onto the substrate, not daily...maybe every other day
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/17/2008, 5:00 am

okok..i wont feed them..
but,will she take the babies as food if the mother gets hungry?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/17/2008, 7:35 am

no, scorpions are good invertebrate mothers. however, she may eat 1 or 2, scorpions seem to do this after birth.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/17/2008, 12:41 pm

No! The female doesn't need to eat while she has babies on her back! That means she doesn't get hungry!

If she eats the babies, something else is wrong. Either the babies weren't healthy, or she got stressed out and thought they wouldn't survive for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/18/2008, 5:14 am

Mr. Mordax wrote:
No! The female doesn't need to eat while she has babies on her back! That means she doesn't get hungry!
then how about the babies?they dun need to eat also?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/18/2008, 8:36 am

no. they are still living of nutriants from the embryo stage, plus they aren't developed enough to feed yet. and they don't need to anyway.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/18/2008, 10:16 am

just leave them be. The only time to bother them is to pour water onto the substrate every other day to keep it all nice and humid.
The babies are feeding off the mums back basically, they are getting what they need from her and if she gets too much bother from you, she will eat them.

Ignore them for a week as said. I know its exciting but ignore that you have her and theb abies, after a week if they arent off her back..ignore for a few more days...take a look and if still on her back...ignore for a few more days.

When they are off her back YOU decide to take them out and have them in their own tank...or you can keep them in with mum.

I have mine at 3I still with mum...but deaths are happening. not eating ones but random deaths. I WILL take them out as maybe she is killing them...im not sure since she has been so GREAT with them...

Anyhoo...ignore them ok

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/18/2008, 12:57 pm

They don't feed at all until AFTER the first molt.
Back to top Go down
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/18/2008, 2:55 pm

Actually I have a different account with my Hets. I was waiting forever for my spinifer Angie to pop. I caught a large cockroach that scurried into my residence and as usual, I'd snip the climbing legs off and toss it in. She nabbed it as voraciously as ever so I took no notice. On closer inspection I realized that she was in the middle of giving birth.

I was a tad bit worried due to that common adage. But she kept feeding on the roach and carried on giving birth. the ultimate multi-tasking feat. She readily took on any prey item throughout her nursing period without any harm towards the young. I reckon female scorps do get hungry after such ordeal; much like humans.

I'd go with tweezer feeding but remove any prey items she blatantly rejects which was completely unlike my case. Also based on some earlier experiences, females which take prey items during this time do very well health wise post-parturition. The initial brood that I had totaled slightly over 50 but 30 survived mostly due to sibling cannibalism and an ant invasion Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
RyoKenzaki
Centruroides
RyoKenzaki

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/19/2008, 5:09 am

I do think tat after a scorpion gave birth they ll eat up 1 or 2 of the babies to regain the lost nutrient during the process
I overcome it by offering her a pre-kill cricket in her pedipalp, she took 2cricket in a day
I feed her with a superworm again after they molted in a week and she share with the babies
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/19/2008, 5:17 am

ryo,finally u are here..haha
Back to top Go down
junshern222
Centruroides

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty12/21/2008, 3:28 am

guys.i fed her crickets today,she took it..
but one thing,the brood looks decreasing in numbers...
probably when will those babies make their first molt?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: asian forest scorpion.[question]   asian forest scorpion.[question] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

asian forest scorpion.[question]
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next