The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

im freaking out guys!!

Go down 
+7
scorpion111
*Connie*
Mr. Mordax
~Abyss~
LadyRiotControl
_scorpio_
nymphetaminion
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

Number of posts : 668
Registration date : 2008-02-06

im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/13/2008, 2:25 pm

if you want a few i could ship em...and...Mike\LRC i think this colour\Heart shape tarantula idea would be an AWESOME idea...cause shes artsy...hmmmmmmmmmmmm Very Happy

*she saw a pink-toe at the pet shop and was amazed and the fact that it had pink ''toes''...maybe she is an arachnid fan deep down inside lol*
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/13/2008, 5:19 pm

Lori loves pinktoes -- says it looks like they're wearing nail polish. You should build on that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/13/2008, 6:58 pm

first thing i thought when i saw the C.elegans was that it would make an awesome valentines day present!

And yeah the nail polish idea would be a good ice breaker
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 4:18 pm

How long usually do they take before first molt?2 weeks-ish?
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 4:41 pm

depends on the conditions. if they are perfect it should only take around a week. i think.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 5:48 pm

I would say a week to ten days.
But my pandinus moulted to 2I at 2 weeks and 1 day...must do with temps or from scorpion to scorpion maybe....
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 6:15 pm

up the temp and humidity a little it seems to speed up the prosses. it did with my emps
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 7:23 pm

ok..i cant wait!!!i wanna see my little fella's Very Happy:D...i wont be scared to have a little itty baby crawl all over my hand and take some pics for you guys...as you can see..im not freaking out anymore..im EXCITED bounce
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/14/2008, 8:47 pm

its great.

they're cute!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/15/2008, 11:02 am

they are SO fast as babies. like super fast. I wanted to hold a 2I...even a 3I and a 4I but they are so speedy! so make sure the little one doesnt dart off your hand hehehehehe.
They are lovely.
xxxxxx
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/16/2008, 11:29 am

To feed the mom or not?thats the question now. scratch any experts care to answer this
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/16/2008, 11:33 am

i guess you could try but i doubt she will take it. you never know though lol
Back to top Go down
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/16/2008, 12:47 pm

Its possible to feed the mom even when she has scorplings on her back.. i allways offer the moms a headless roach or cricket.. some times they take it, sometimes they dont..
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/16/2008, 8:59 pm

Don't bother. Just leave her be -- moms rarely (if ever) eat the young out of hunger. IIRC, they have a natural appetite suppressant at this time anyway.
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 10:44 am

ok...so my interest and no patience peaked today...its been close to a week and a half since she gave birth...so i lifted the hide ever so gently just to peek Embarassed ...and there were a few scorplings that were off her back and cruising around the mom...so now do i wait a bit more to take them out?
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 10:53 am

This is where there at, theyre so cute Surprised
im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 IMGP0720
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 1:37 pm

They're at 2I now, but they're not leaving mom yet -- don't separate. They're a little past the point like when my baby mordax were at this stage:

im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 IMG_7991

but they're not quite to this stage:

im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 IMG_8099

So give it a few more days before removing mom. Smile
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 2:26 pm

Yeah, 2I little darlings. Mine still havent moulted yet.
Dont need to feed mum. She knows what she is doing and she wont eat them no matter how hungry she is! What good would having babies be if they ate them like popcorn!

You can leave them in with mum, take them away from mum and put them in a tank together or put one in each container.
Upto you.
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 4:01 pm

if i keep them all communaly in a large KK would that be bad come molting time or? cause it would take less space that way...im such a horrible father Mad lol
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 4:06 pm

You might lose a few, but not many. Forest scorpions tend to be fairly communal when they're all the same age, regardless of what that age is.
Back to top Go down
nymphetaminion
Tityus
nymphetaminion

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 4:18 pm

Ok...i wont risk it...ill keep my little ziploc containers for em.
Back to top Go down
_scorpio_
Androctonus
_scorpio_

Number of posts : 1827
Registration date : 2008-04-11

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 4:38 pm

connies emps protected eachother when they were moulting....
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 6:20 pm

Mine did protect each other when moulting.
I would be watching and out of the burrows would come the others and surround the moulting scorpion and "sting" at me.

Ive seen some wonderful things keeping them together, such as hugging for protection.

You can lose scorplings on their own as well as in groups. In the wild I cant imagine a brood running far away from each other to survive. safety in numbers, also fighting in numbers but from my lot, Ive lost 1 though a bad moult and 3 could be though tank munching but they could have also been though bad moults, dying and then tank mates eating.

Its upto you. But with my new brood again they will all go into the one tank. saves me space but also...I dont see too much harm. Obviously with some scorpions its best to even remove from mum as soon as off the back, but these tropical ones seem to...well..."care" for each other. From my experience so far
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 6:54 pm

I had ten H. longimanus together, and five emps together, and I've lost two in each case. Only one loss could be directly attributed to cannibalism (I found remains of a claw that were not from a molt).
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty8/21/2008, 8:02 pm

With my h.paucadins i kept the 2i's in small groups for about a month or so... then gradually seperated them into individual containers coz the stronger ones were dominating the younger ones. so i got 100% survival rate on them all.

Each to their own i suppose but thats the way i would do it with all my scorpions. unless through literature it suggests that staying with mum longer / keeping in groups is highly beneficial to the slings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: im freaking out guys!!   im freaking out guys!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

im freaking out guys!!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next