The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

New Pic of my scorps

Go down 
+4
Mr. Mordax
lycanlord
~Abyss~
Absolution246
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-07-02

New Pic of my scorps Empty
PostSubject: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 9:41 pm

Whats up everyone,heres a pic I just took a little while ago right after I fed my scorps.

I love the blue in the pic
New Pic of my scorps 100_0410
so dirty lol they need a bath

Last edited by ~Abyss~ on 7/31/2008, 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited picture size)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Absolution246
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 9:50 pm

give em some water and they'll do it themselves
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 9:57 pm

that pic is waaaay too big, anyway you can resize it a lil lol
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 10:06 pm

Thanks for the resize Abyss.Just to let you know they have plenty of water =o)

New Pic of my scorps 100_0377small
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 10:23 pm

Looks good but the substrate looks a bit dry.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 10:37 pm

lol im glad it was resized now i can see wats goin on, i could see loadsa claws but only one telson before and it was confusing me lmao
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty7/31/2008, 10:51 pm

The top inch or two is dry,the IR light dries it out but I spray it all the time.There is about 6 inches of Coca fiber,the deeper down the wetter it is.So down where the burrow is its fine.Thats where they are most of the time.

forgot to add I do plan on doing the false bottom tank.Its just that I have a 20 gallon tank so thats alot of coca fiber to move around.I know thats no excuse but I'm pretty sure they are fine at the moment but when winter comes around Im sure there might be a problem with keeping the humidity up
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 12:36 am

A 20-gallon will be really heavy as a false-bottom. Good luck! Smile

The blue is a result of your flash having a touch of UV in its emission spectrum. I got jet-black photos of my emps when I used a different camera.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 12:51 am

IHeartMantids wrote:

The blue is a result of your flash having a touch of UV in its emission spectrum. I got jet-black photos of my emps when I used a different camera.
Yes, it is. I have a wired shelf and my Red tail boa got under the 20G and I lifted it but couldn't put it back down or else I would squish it and man I ahad to hold it for like 10 minutes I was SWEATING.
Back to top Go down
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 9:57 am

IHeartMantids wrote:

What Im worred about is the glass bottom.Has anyone with a false bottom glass tank ever had any problems with the glass breaking?I dont ever plan on moveing the tank so it being heavy isnt that big of a deal.I just dont want the glass to break.If anyone has any rock/pebbles size recomendations please let me know.

I have seen other false bottome tanks with all plastic on the bottom in place of the rocks .I have been thinking about going that route just to feel safer about not breaking the glass.I have about 2 weeks to think about it so any ideas would be cool.Ive read here and other places about false bottoms I would just like some personal opinions about the two different settups thanks =o)

btw thanks Mantid about the blue
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 10:01 am

well... nice pics anyway man.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 10:21 am

The water is heavy, too. So look at it this way: if people can fill the WHOLE TANK with water, which weighs about 50 lbs per cubic foot, then you should be safe with a few inches of gravel and water (especially considering that most aquariums have several inches of gravel).
Back to top Go down
Canth
Babycurus
Canth

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 10:38 am

Another alternative for a false bottom are the clay medium balls that herp people use. This stuff: http://www.hydroponics.net/i/260002

It's light-weight and does the exact same thing. I suggest separating it from the substrate with some screen or something though. The scorpions would burrow down and bring most of the false bottom stuff to the top.
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/1/2008, 10:43 am

I wouldn't worry about the bottom breaking unless you're either dropping the rocks from a great distance or throwing them in... or if you drop the tank.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
Absolution246
Centruroides
Absolution246

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/2/2008, 12:58 pm

IHeartMantids wrote:
The water is heavy, too. So look at it this way: if people can fill the WHOLE TANK with water, which weighs about 50 lbs per cubic foot, then you should be safe with a few inches of gravel and water (especially considering that most aquariums have several inches of gravel).

lol great point.Im a little retarded dont mind me =o)
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty8/2/2008, 2:06 pm

No worries. I get a little antsy when I have to move a false-bottom around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Pic of my scorps   New Pic of my scorps Empty

Back to top Go down

New Pic of my scorps
Page 1 of 1