The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question-

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lucifaust
Pandinus
Lucifaust

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-12-11

Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question- Empty
PostSubject: Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question-   Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question- Empty12/11/2015, 8:40 pm

Hey all. I bought 100 large dubia's from a vendor on amazon. None of them are adults.  scratch  There are some very large nymphs however. A few of em have what look like beginnings of wings? The rest are nymphs of various sizes small to large.

The roach colony tank is warm, moderately humid but not wet, 3 trays of fresh food: brown rice grain with sugary coating tray, pineapple/peach/whitebread tray, roasted sunflower seed tray. They have ready access to cotton water distribution. There are many egg carton flat things and toilet paper rolls for them to live in. I am no expert but I'd call that ideal conditions. I am wondering how many weeks I'll have to wait before the larger dubias can molt into adults and start breeding?

Last edited by Lucifaust on 12/12/2015, 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lucifaust
Pandinus
Lucifaust

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-12-11

Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question- Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question-   Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question- Empty12/12/2015, 4:40 pm

For anyone with the same question, I found this site: h t t p s : http://dubiaroachdepot.c o m /guidance/dubia-roach-growth-rate

^(remove the spaces around https and .com, sorry the forum wont let me post whole links yet)

The following are the average number of weeks it takes Dubia roaches to complete their seven instars, based on our experience and enclosure temperatures between 80ºF & 90ºF.

Average time to complete instar. (instar#: weeks)

1: 3
2: 5
3: 7
4: 10
5: 13
6: 15
7: 20

It seems I'll have to wait a month maximum to start producing more roaches. Should be fine as I ordered 100 and can feed from the smaller ones until they start making more.
Back to top Go down

Dubia Roach -Growth Rate Question-
Page 1 of 1