The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
baphomet
Pandinus
baphomet

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants Empty
PostSubject: Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants   Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants Empty12/29/2014, 11:10 am

Hey all,

I was talking to an ant keeping friend of mine who was in new mexico for a little whil. He saw a species of scorpion living with an Aphenogaster species native to the area. He mentioned that they are commonly know to cohabitate with Pogonomyrmex species. So it was a surprise. He said they are no bigger than 2 cm. Im curious if anyone has heard of this species of scorpion and knows what species it is, or anyone that has them.

Thank you for any help,
baphomet
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants   Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants Empty12/29/2014, 11:23 am

I've just had a quick google and found this http://antsbeesbutterfliesnature.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/arizona-desert-aphaenogaster.html

It doesn't state what species of scorpion was found at the burrow but it looks like some kind of Vaejovidae. Not much help because there are so many in this family that look very similar.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants   Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants Empty12/29/2014, 11:24 am

Maybe smokehound can help. He seems to do a grand job at ID'ing North American species.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants   Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants Empty

Back to top Go down

Scorpion that cohabitate with Ants
Page 1 of 1