The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

[HOW TO] Share Book Reports

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kejser
Administrator
Kejser

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-02-06

[HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty
PostSubject: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty2/8/2008, 12:13 pm

Thougt this might be a really good idea for this forum
If you got a good book about scorpions, post the title and make a small report about it

Manny Rubio
Scorpions - a complete pet owner's manual.

I got this for my self allmost at the begining of my scorpion collection, i got this book recommned by a couple of friends, and i readt it a couple of times, its a pretty good book for beginners and good alot of usefull infomation in it, sadley it doesnt cover alot of species. But the guy knows what he is talking about. There is a few errors in the book but that doesnt mean its not worth buying, i whould warmly recommend this book to any scorpionist, novice or not..

Last edited by GS on 5/2/2012, 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated Title)
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty2/8/2008, 8:32 pm

Great book I started reading it at Borders LOL.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty5/14/2009, 7:53 pm

Ive got that book and its great and nice and cheap compared to other scorp books.

One book I wouldnt really recommend is "Scorpions: Plus other popular Invertebrates" by Jerry G. Walls and published Advanced Vivarium Systems.

Its and ok book but its doesnt cover scorps in any great detail, the scorp section only goes as far as page 59 and the rest of the book (as far as page 82 then the rest is the Index) talks breifly about Amblypygids, Uropygids, Millipedes, Centipedes, Mantids, Phasmids and Solpugids. I would only recommend this book for someone who cant find the Manny Rubio book and wants a quick scorp related read on the bog Laughing (its no that bad it's just what I use it for Laughing )
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Tabor
Pandinus
Tabor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty6/22/2009, 2:44 pm

i just realized the books i own are worth more than the current scorps i have on hand Smile

over $1k worth of books JUST about scorpions
Back to top Go down
Tabor
Pandinus
Tabor

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-08-16

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty6/22/2009, 2:50 pm

forgot to add: my first review will be of "Scorpions of Costa Rica".

Very hard to find, only covers 14 species.

but very, very useful.

I will post both a video and a text review.
Back to top Go down
corpselight
Babycurus

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty8/6/2009, 12:16 pm

Rubio's book: really good, yeah the only downside really was the lack of coverage of specific species, however, he redeems it with that fantastic care table.
Not sure i hit the temps he recommends for everything, but since reading it and subsequently taking his advice really improved my scorpion keeping and success...
thought what he said about the myth of overfeeding was very interesting as well.
Back to top Go down
The-Scorp-Whisperer
Tityus
The-Scorp-Whisperer

Number of posts : 539
Registration date : 2008-12-16

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty8/6/2009, 12:18 pm

yeah Rubios book is pretty good the only downside i find is, like you said the lack of coverage on specific species but also the fact the book is so short lol if it was twice as big ide be well chuffed lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bebo.com/The_Scorp_Whisperer
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HOW TO] Share Book Reports   [HOW TO] Share Book Reports Empty

Back to top Go down

[HOW TO] Share Book Reports
Page 1 of 1