The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
thegromgrom
Breeder
thegromgrom

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! Empty
PostSubject: Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first!   Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! Empty6/13/2014, 6:00 am

1. Deliberate mating of an adult pair x2

* Brood status: Successful
* Instar of the male/female pair: 7i/8i
* Steps taken to mate the pair: male introduced to female's enclosure after placing some slate and pottery down for him to plant the spermataphore. She was fairly receptive, and she was fed amply beforehand until she refused food. They paired for over 24 hours on multiple occasions. I noticed like with transvaalicus, they do well with multiple pairings, especially from multiple partners. This may be a factor in their larger broods.
* Duration taken for signs of gestation: They start to really fatten up after mating, and start gorging themselves. 5 months they show embryos and fatten up and waddle for the remainder.
* Environmental conditions for the gravid female: 80% sand, 20% cocofiber. Waterdish filled weekly. Singleton hide next to heatlamp (~110 degrees), singleton hide away from heatlamp (~70-80). They didnt have enough heat during the winter months to properly incubate the brood, I think.
* Gestation period: 8 months
* Number of young born: 44
* Number of young eaten by mom: 0
* Number of young surviving to 2.instar: 44

Brood #2 on the way
Back to top Go down
thegromgrom
Breeder
thegromgrom

Number of posts : 172
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first!   Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! Empty7/4/2014, 10:07 am

1. Deliberate mating of an adult pair x2

* Brood status: Successful
* Instar of the male/female pair: 7i/8i
* Steps taken to mate the pair: male introduced to female's enclosure after placing some slate and pottery down for him to plant the spermataphore. She was fairly receptive, and she was fed amply beforehand until she refused food. They paired for over 24 hours on multiple occasions. I noticed like with transvaalicus, they do well with multiple pairings, especially from multiple partners. This may be a factor in their larger broods.
* Duration taken for signs of gestation: They start to really fatten up after mating, and start gorging themselves. 5 months they show embryos and fatten up and waddle for the remainder.
* Environmental conditions for the gravid female: 80% sand, 20% cocofiber. Waterdish filled weekly. Singleton hide next to heatlamp (~110 degrees), singleton hide away from heatlamp (~70-80). They didnt have enough heat during the winter months to properly incubate the brood, I think.
* Gestation period: 9 months
* Number of young born: not known yet, probably more than the other brood
* Number of young eaten by mom: 0
* Number of young surviving to 2.instar: not known yet, probably more than the other brood

Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! IMG_20140629_093918Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! IMG_20140625_181155Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first! IMG_20140628_154651
Back to top Go down

Parabuthus villosus orange morph - US first!
Page 1 of 1