The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Larimer County, CO. Native Species?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew273
Tityus
Andrew273

Number of posts : 503
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty
PostSubject: Larimer County, CO. Native Species?   Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty7/1/2008, 12:55 am

Okay so I just moved to this county and there's a guy here who swears he's seen a scorpion near the Horsetooth Reservoir. The only species I can find as being in this state are C. vittatus and H. spadix, neither of which are anywhere close. The description is of a medium yellow scorpion. Anyone know of anything around me? I was so excited when I heard about a native species.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/andrew273
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Larimer County, CO. Native Species?   Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty7/1/2008, 1:06 am

The best I can suggest is to go blacklighting and see what you can turn up. I was on a group recently that found three C. vittatus in west Texas -- one was found wandering at night (adult female), one was found flipping rocks in the day (3I in premolt), and one was found flipping rocks a couple hundred miles away (adult male). The first two were found nearby Vaejovis spp, the second and third were found nearby Diplocentrus spp..
Back to top Go down
Scott Land
Tityus
Scott Land

Number of posts : 578
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Larimer County, CO. Native Species?   Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty7/1/2008, 1:17 am

Rasputin might know,he lives in Co.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1051
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Larimer County, CO. Native Species?   Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty7/3/2008, 7:26 pm

there's burrowing wolf spiders in larimer county, in the foothills. you're not going to find scorpions as none have been noted in the area for years. yes, C. vittatus is native to the area but the only place you'll find any is across the room from me as I happen to be in loveland. go to http://milehighbugclub.com and join up - there is an overnight excursion planned for july 22-23 in southeastern colorado, C. vittatus is common to that area as well as at least one species of tarantula and a handful of scaly critters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Larimer County, CO. Native Species?   Larimer County, CO. Native Species? Empty

Back to top Go down

Larimer County, CO. Native Species?
Page 1 of 1