The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

More C. vits!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

More C. vits! Empty
PostSubject: More C. vits!   More C. vits! Empty7/16/2013, 6:26 pm

Had another brood when I got home from work today. Smile This one had a few more than the last one, too. I haven't counted yet, but just by eyeballing it looks to be more than the 17 from previous. Keeping them in the community enclosure, I only had 3 survive the last brood, though, so this time I separated this mother from the community and put her and her babies into a small cricket keeper. I'm out of flexwatt and heat bulbs have a tendency to melt cricket keepers, so I don't have any direct heat on her. My apartment stays between 75 and 80, typically and ambient on my invert shelf outside of the enclosures has been known to climb up to 82, so I think she should be fine. If you guys think otherwise, please let me know and I'll see what I can do to heat her up.

More C. vits! 20130716_165222

More C. vits! 20130716_165250

Back to top Go down
VictorHernandez
Hadogenes
VictorHernandez

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-30

More C. vits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More C. vits!   More C. vits! Empty8/24/2013, 11:34 pm

I've got 2 mothers with broods. The first I scooped her up and placed her in solitary confinement, and all the babies have molted into 2nd instar. The other is hiding in the communal cage still under a piece of wood and I've been waiting for her to come out so I can snatch her up. Do you know how long before they disperse off the mothers back? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/captiveinvertebrates
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

More C. vits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More C. vits!   More C. vits! Empty8/24/2013, 11:38 pm

It depends on the conditions. I keep mine with high heat and high humidity like they would have in the wild here in Texas and I see them climb off in around 2 weeks, typically.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More C. vits! Empty
PostSubject: Re: More C. vits!   More C. vits! Empty

Back to top Go down

More C. vits!
Page 1 of 1