The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Need some help sexing my A. bicolor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty
PostSubject: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty7/9/2013, 1:09 am

Hey guys if these pictures dont help im sorry I am trying to do the best I can without stressing him or her too much but I would like everyones input on what gender bicolor I have. Thank you Smile

Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Pectin10

Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Pectin11
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty7/9/2013, 10:51 am

I want to say female but sexing andros isn't exactly my forte.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty7/9/2013, 2:05 pm

Ya I found it difficult too plus it was so hard to get a clear picture haha I guess ill wait until I get some more input.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty7/15/2013, 5:37 pm

I would say female judging by the wide inner space of the pectines.
Is it gravid or just well fed?

Joey
Back to top Go down
CactusHugger
Babycurus
CactusHugger

PostSubject: Re: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty7/15/2013, 8:48 pm

Thanks for the input! Smile I am thinking its just well fed but I really hope it is gravid I cant tell yet also cant see embryos yet so not sure.
Back to top Go down
lweigle
Hadogenes
lweigle

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2011-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Need some help sexing my A. bicolor   Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Empty9/16/2013, 7:59 pm

Males will have a pectin count of 23-29 while females will have a pectin count of 19-24 so there is an overlap on the pectin count but also anouther good way to tell is to look at how wide the mesasoma if it is thin it is more likely to be a male while if it is wide it is more leading to be a female. this is a photo of the pectin count on a male hope this might help you. I am also leaning towards a female do you have a photo of the scorpion from the top that would help me.Need some help sexing my A. bicolor Img_3010Need some help sexing my A. bicolor 554511
Back to top Go down

Need some help sexing my A. bicolor
Page 1 of 1