The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Too Many Too Soon!

Go down 
+3
Venom
electrophyste
*Connie*
7 posters
AuthorMessage
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 10:58 am

Ok so for his birthday I bought him the brachypelma emilia.
two weeks later he bought a young brachypelma albopilosum
A week after he bought a young Avicularia avicularia *last week I believe*
this week hes bought Megaphobema robustum and a Citharischius crawshayi

Both young but...im annoyed! I told him not to! I told him we are moving in 6 days! but he didnt listen.

Is he ok to have these two new ones? The "king baboon" im worried about. hes already ended up with cecil *emilia* on his hand without meaning to but it ran out the tank and onto his hand!

*shakes head*

Currently both in deli cups. Will have to stay in there until we move!

He now has 5 young tarantulas from the 10th May!
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 11:22 am

omg thats crazy, t's scare me no t's for me but when i first started with scorps thats how i was too i bought every scorp io could get my hands on even put ads on a website and got AS many as i could.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 3:03 pm

Buy some androctonus to make it even.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 5:08 pm

She doesn't have the DWA license . . .

I'd be kind of irritated too, seeing as how anything with "baboon" in the name is hardly a beginner species. And Ts, unlike scorps, CAN climb sheer surfaces and run up your arm before you can even blink.
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 6:15 pm

No Europe
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 6:36 pm

He seems to think "hes ready" but I know hes not. so as with the other Tarantulas, I will have to read up on the animal and make sure I have all the answers incase any problems happen.
he isnt concerned about the "baboon" because its a spiderling...well a spiderling soon grows up! and also, whos to say the spiderling wont bite.
He knows its a "no no" for holding.
I just cant control him when im out the house! Shame on him if he decides to be curious and gets bitten!

I guess as long as he leaves them alone everything should be alright!

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
_Nagash_
Centruroides
_Nagash_

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/21/2008, 9:48 pm

Congrats!

I think your fiancé is starting to realize why we say this hobby is strongly addictive. Laughing

Do not be concerned about the C. crawshayi. By the time it is big enought to inflict any serious pain, he will be familiar with the monster, and also probably an experienced tarantula keeper. They grow extremely slow!
If he later provide the C. crawshayi with a deep substrate, I think it will be fairly calm, as long as he do not disturb it.

The Megaphobema robustum grows faster, but will just dig down and stay away most of the time. If he disturbs it, he will recive a nice cloud of urticating hairs sunny

AND, in case he gets bitten, I think it is a effective lesson on how to not handle spiders Smile

Regards
Robin
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/22/2008, 2:13 am

They both do need to be rehomed but they can wait until we are in the new house!

Hopefully the C. Crawshayi wont have to teach him a lesson! and hopefully the M. robustum also wont have to teach him any lessons!

He has become a bit addicted. I would if I could buy all the scorpions in the shop! but im pacing myself!
I mean heck, I think my pandinus cavimanus is an old lady since been walking around with tail our flat!

His B. Albo has moulted and is looking much bigger, the B. Emilia has moulted and is much bigger. I think he was just pleased two went though sucessful moults which is why he bought two more!

He has promised me he wont buy anymore for a while unless a Haplopelma Lividum spiderling comes up for sale!

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/22/2008, 11:39 am

Sounds like he's jumping in with both legs . . . first a C. crawshayi, then an H. lividum?
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty6/22/2008, 3:43 pm

Not yet! he knows no more for a good long while!

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
LadyRiotControl
Leiurus
LadyRiotControl

Number of posts : 2631
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/13/2008, 2:11 pm

hehehe i keep saying that to my hubby.... but then he shows me the picture of the next one "he'd like" and usually within a week or so its got a new home here.

Mind you i am having to restrain myself at the moment, bought 5 new scorps in last two weeks! I'd forgotten how much i enjoyed keeping them. Only this time im going for rare ones you dont see very often until we get DWA!!!!

then this will truly be a house of arachnids!
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 3:36 am

Avicularia avicularia discovered dead today. Had never moulted since we had "him"...I told him not to throw JUST yet but to really make sure. it was upright and not on its back because when he showed me "he" was on his back and I said "he could be moulting" but he said he had turned "him" over. I will get him to wait a bit JUST incase but I do think the little one is dead....im sure he will replace it tomorrow hahaha
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 11:56 am

That's sad. Sad If it was on its back, he shouldn't have touched it though!!!

This is also kinda why I was leaning toward the Brachy in the first place -- older pinktoes from petstores never seem to do that well.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 6:29 pm

it wasnt on its back. He knows if on back then possibly moulting. But it was still and looked like it was just "sat" in its webbing. But its gone. we will have it though.

Its not an older pinktoe. its a spiderling.

Its a shame

xxxx
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 6:34 pm

sorry connie. RIP little guy.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 6:35 pm

we shall have to just replace him hehehe

I want a versicolour! that would be sweet! they have a load of spiderlings at the shop!
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 7:39 pm

holy crap! so those are the amazing spiders i have seen in books..... ive always wanted to know the name! yea you should get one of those... you wont be able to take your eyes of it for a minute tho.....
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/19/2008, 10:50 pm

I meant "older" as in "not a tiny sling."

Versis are great. Lori's just molted a little while ago and she is BUSHY.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty7/20/2008, 2:08 pm

I think next week I will allow him to buy one....infact Im thinking two so that if one dies somehow he will still have another...at the shop they are all currently "greeny/bluish"...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Too Many Too Soon! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too Many Too Soon!   Too Many Too Soon! Empty

Back to top Go down

Too Many Too Soon!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: Other Pets :: Tarantulas, Spiders, and Other Arachnids-
Jump to: