The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?

Go down 
+4
Callum B
Patcho
Yames
TheKevil
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2010-11-05

Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty
PostSubject: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/17/2013, 3:58 pm

Hey guys... I had an idea and wanted to see what you guys thought. It's gonna take some time and planning, but I think in the end it will be awesome and will let a bunch of us get to know each other and may help our little SF community.

What do you guys think of organizing a camping trip where we can all get together and hike and hunt and talk about stuff and just, generally, have some fun? 

I was thinking of making a target time of next summer and plan it for somewhere in South Central US since, it seems, most of us are in the US and the South Central area is where most of the scorps are. Maybe somewhere in Arizona/Utah/New Mexico or even Big Bend here in Texas. I know that this is inconvenient to our members from other countries, but please understand that all of you guys are welcome, too, if you can do it. I would also encourage you guys to do the same in your country and, if this picks up, maybe we can plan an international meet up sometime down the line.

What do you guys think? I know I'm relatively new, but I see a lot of great people here and an active growing community. I think it would be awesome to take things to a new level.
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/17/2013, 5:40 pm

Ha I'll run the great Canadian hunt here in Ontario. We will find exactly 0 scorps but I'll supply the Canadian beer and Whisky... You'll swear you saw a scorpion or two.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/17/2013, 5:45 pm

Hahaha... Dress your dog up like a scorpion and paint it with clear glow in the dark paint so it glows in UV.

Ontario isn't THAT far. You should come down and join us. If this happens, at least...
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/17/2013, 7:56 pm

Count me in.
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 3:42 am

I'll definitely come............. if someone will pay for my plane ticket over.

If an international meeting ever comes to fruition I vote Morocco. Scorpion diversity is unbelievable, it's a great country to explore (for you US people, imagine an Arabic Mexico but a lot less dangerous), it's cheap as chips and most importantly I can get return flights for £80 Laughing .
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 10:55 am

We can always dream Callum. If this was to become a reality I'm in as well but the closer to CA the better.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 11:57 am

Yeah... I was thinking somewhere in Arizona where we can get good diversity. Either that or Big Bend. Same reasons.

Callum- wish I had the money to help ya get down here. :/
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 12:29 pm

Let's try to make this happen then. Kevil, you our organizer. Razz In all seriousness it would be cool even if we just crack open some beers.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 12:32 pm

Agreed. It would just be cool to meet you guys. I can do that. No problem at all. I'll get with CactusHugger and see if he can suggest somewhere in Arizona. Or are you guys down with Big Bend?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 1:19 pm

It's hard to be a Mexican in AZ, but I'll probably have to go with AZ for me I can't travel to far unfortuantely
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 1:33 pm

Understood. My last name is San Miguel, so I feel you. Even though I look white. Lol. I'll PM CactusHugger, then.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 1:43 pm

I don't look at all white lol. I have a hard time crossing the boarder on my visit to Tijuana even though I'm american and have birth cert, ID, and speak perfect english I somehow ALWAYS get searched or questioned. I can only remember 1 single time where they passed me without issue.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/18/2013, 1:49 pm

Well, I'll make sure we're far away from La Migra. Lol. Hate to lose one of our admins on a group outing. Hahahaha.... Wouldn't that be an awesome story to post in this forum?
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/19/2013, 1:35 pm

What do you guys think about doing Grand Canyon National Park? Not only will we be able to have our get together, but we can check out an awesome national landmark at the same time so it would be even more awesome. I, for one, have never been there.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/19/2013, 2:22 pm

TheKevil wrote:
What do you guys think about doing Grand Canyon National Park? Not only will we be able to have our get together, but we can check out an awesome national landmark at the same time so it would be even more awesome. I, for one, have never been there.

Ah, but will there be scorpions involved? Razz
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/19/2013, 2:25 pm

Lol. Of course. I don't know if we'll be able to take any home (legally), but we can still camp and explore and check out some species in the area.
Back to top Go down
denya1
Pandinus
denya1

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/19/2013, 4:57 pm

I'm definitely game, depending on the dates.....
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/19/2013, 4:59 pm

Sweet. I'm looking at May/June of 2014. Gives us plenty of time to save up and make plans. I know I'm just a poor boy *nobody loves me* and a lot of others on this forum are in the same boat.
Back to top Go down
denya1
Pandinus
denya1

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/20/2013, 12:48 am

Sounds good!! Just let me know when you figure out the location, cause I will definitely be driving since I'm terrified of flying. Lol. Maybe some of us that are in the same areas could carpool also. Hoping for a good turn out on this.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/24/2013, 8:27 pm

Just as an update on this so you guys know I haven't forgotten.

Right now, after talking to a couple of our members from AZ, I'm looking at late April. Probably leaning towards the weekend of April 26th, 2014. CactusHugger tells me that the bugs will already be out and it won't be terribly hot like it would be in June.

Location is still up in the air, but I'm looking at Lake Meade. It's right on the edge of the Mojave so scorpions will be there without a problem. Also, there's a lake, backpacking, biking and camping so we will be able to stay active even when we aren't hunting and stay cool. It sounds perfect to me. What do you guys think?

Also, I've been doing a lot of research and I haven't found anything at all about it being illegal to remove bugs from a National monument/park/natural area so I think we'll be ok to hunt as long as we don't call too much attention to ourselves. If anyone finds any laws that say otherwise, please chime in with a good resource and let us know so we aren't setting ourselves up for illegal activities.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/24/2013, 8:34 pm

*Lake Mead, rather.
Back to top Go down
Smokehound714
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/26/2013, 2:06 am

my parents have property in oro valley.

Dunno if you guys were thinking of that region, IMO it's the best portion of arizona to hunt.

I can pitch in if i can get a ride.  I need a ride if I'm to travel.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty6/26/2013, 1:16 pm

That could be perfect... no camping fees or entrance fees... I'll PM you.
Back to top Go down
Smokehound714
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2013-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty7/31/2013, 11:33 pm

well.. it turns out my grandparents are having health problems.. It's still a possibility, but it might be a no-go Sad

virtually all of my family resides in the area, though, so I'll ask around and see if I can secure an alternate spot. The good thing is the entire region is fantastic for a wide range of neat critters.
Back to top Go down
TheKevil
Babycurus
TheKevil

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty7/31/2013, 11:39 pm

Alrighty. Just let me know. Smile If not, we can do Lake Huron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?   Organize a big hunt/camp/get together? Empty

Back to top Go down

Organize a big hunt/camp/get together?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next