The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Built a shelf for the arachnids!

Go down 
+2
Yames
Patcho
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty
PostSubject: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 1:54 am

$80 at the hardware store. It has enough room for four 10 gallon tanks per shelf, and it has 3 shelf spaces for tanks! (four shelf spaces total) It also has a weight capacity of 4,000 lbs (1,815 kg). A birthday gift from my mother. I guess you can say she approves of my freakish hobby. Laughing

Built a shelf for the arachnids! Pict0322

Built a shelf for the arachnids! Pict0323

As you can see, I already bought some more tanks. I wonder what I'll put in there?

Hmmmmmmmm.... Chin Scratch

Anyways, I'm gonna customize it little by little over time. I have non-slip surface liner on each shelf, but I need to put a lip around the edges just to be safe. I'd also like to be able to have fluorescent light fixtures to simulate daylight. I'm really into the whole recreate-the-environment setups, and sunlight is all part of the environment. By the way, I'm going to write a [HOW TO] in the near future. I think you guys will really dig it.

Hope you enjoy!

Have a good one

Patrick
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 2:45 am

Nice shelf. I have 18 various sizes of deli cups stacked around an IR bulb at the moment. I'm jealous of shelving.

Nice shelves.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 10:31 am

Good idea with the non-slip shelf liner. You'll also want to secure it to the wall to prevent it from toppling over during our next earthquake.
Back to top Go down
vespers
Centruroides
vespers

Number of posts : 101
Registration date : 2013-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 5:39 pm

shebeen wrote:
You'll also want to secure it to the wall to prevent it from toppling over during our next earthquake.

Good call, that. You wouldn't want scorpions running free amongst the debris if you can possibly avoid it.
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 5:41 pm

Gonna get some wall anchors soon. Thanks for looking out though, I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Envyizm
Breeder
Envyizm

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2010-05-24

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/29/2013, 9:25 pm

Congrats on taking your hobby one step closer to sheer insanity. Before too long you'll have two or three of them. I have three racks and I'm constantly tempted to nab up a fourth. Oh, if only I could expand my living space...
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/Envyizm
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/30/2013, 6:08 am

Looks great Patrick:)

Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty4/30/2013, 6:37 pm

@Envyizm Hahaha. My collection is growing faster than I thought! And for only $80 I wouldn't mind getting more in the future.

@Shakudo Thanks brother. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Built a shelf for the arachnids!   Built a shelf for the arachnids! Empty

Back to top Go down

Built a shelf for the arachnids!
Page 1 of 1