The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty
PostSubject: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty4/22/2013, 6:42 pm

As the title suggests, I found a spider in my backyard that I found to be very interesting. It's not from northern california, so it may be an invasive species. I found it on the handle of my yard waste bin, so I know it climbs. It's even made its way to the top of the jar its in (don't worry, its a good size jar). It's a light red color, with a greyish abdomen, and stocky legs. I can't provide a picture at the moment because the little guy is quick as hell, but if any of you guys can help me find out what it is, I'd appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty4/22/2013, 7:42 pm

Search for images on Dysdera crocata see if it matches
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty4/22/2013, 7:46 pm

Doesn't match. I'll try and get pictures.
Back to top Go down
deserthairyscorpion1
Centruroides
deserthairyscorpion1

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty4/22/2013, 8:01 pm

Trachelas tranquillus maybe
Back to top Go down
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

PostSubject: Re: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty4/22/2013, 11:15 pm

Most likely the running spider. Thank you. The name matches the description, that's for sure. It doesn't like making webs, but rather hides in cramped spaces.

Looks like I have a new friend. I hope it's a female.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.   Unique spider from my backyard. ID please. Empty

Back to top Go down

Unique spider from my backyard. ID please.
Page 1 of 1