The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?

Go down 
+3
cody1984
ShredderEmp
Skroar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Skroar
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-29

What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty
PostSubject: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/17/2013, 5:20 pm

I expect to see Deathstalker and fat tail somewhere on the list.

So what are the most poisonous scorpions in the world?

And what are the most deadliest scorpions in the world?

Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

Number of posts : 515
Registration date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/17/2013, 8:21 pm

I would say Hemiscorpius lepturus, Androctonus bicolor, Leiurus quinquestriatus, Androctonus australis, and Parabuthus transvaalicus. This is in no order and I am not an expert, but these are all very dangerous species.
Back to top Go down
Skroar
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/17/2013, 10:04 pm

I never heard of the first one (Hemiscorpius lepturus).
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/17/2013, 10:48 pm

Skroar wrote:
I never heard of the first one (Hemiscorpius lepturus).

http://www.ntnu.no/ub/scorpion-files/h_lepturus.php

It makes me shiver.
Back to top Go down
cody1984
Centruroides
cody1984

Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2012-06-13

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 3:23 am

H.tamulus has a nasty reputation.Not to be rude but they are venomous Smile
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 11:01 am

Yea, that's true. I always forget about them.
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 12:28 pm

None of these above mentioned scorpion are remotely poisonous, feel free to eat as many as you wish lol! bang
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Patcho
SCORPIONMOD
Patcho

Number of posts : 833
Registration date : 2013-01-15

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 12:39 pm

lol!

So H. lepturus huh? Is it more dangerous than an LQ or is it just about the same. And by dangerous I mean venom potency.
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 12:42 pm

Go to the venom part of the link I gave and compare to LQ.
Back to top Go down
Kale
Hadogenes
Kale

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 1:24 pm

I'd say H.lepturus were be the most venomous due to is cytotoxin and the cutaneous necrosis along with systematic pathology that comes with it. In Iran it has been dubbed the most dangerous scorpion. Not a scorpion I care to keep.. The ld value is relatively low from what I seen BUT its the cytotoxin mixture that makes it so dangerous. Also, in due respect, posionous and venomous are two different aspects. Wonder why would a scorpion would need this type of venom? Why not just an high output of neurotoxin like other scorpions?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 1:44 pm

Patrick LD50 is actually not that bad as and LQ for example. It’s the way the venom functions that makes these scary. So it’s not in the realm of “most venomous” but I’d vote #1 as most dangerous
@ Kale, evolution doesn’t have a “purpose” the chemicals in the venom evolve along with the scorpion and it’s possible that it was just the end result of just the right kind of chemical composition through years of evolution. Might be the most effective type of venom for the type of prey.
Back to top Go down
Kale
Hadogenes
Kale

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2011-01-25

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 1:57 pm

@Abyss Well come to think of it. I would actually see a purpose for the venom since you mentioned prey and it's locality. I would say its diet would probably consist of small rodents and lizards. If that is true than it would have to have a venom to properly breakdown the prey's body for food intake. I just don't see the need for such venom for insects. OK I'm starting to babble and getting off topic. Lol
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 2:00 pm

I’d say it’s still within topic of venom and venom composition nice theory.
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 6:55 pm

Hi!

For me Leiurus Quinquestriatus no.1 and Androctonus sp. no.2. are on top of the list with me!

Also I wouldn't forget Centroides sp. they pack a powerful punch!

Joey
Back to top Go down
ShredderEmp
Tityus
ShredderEmp

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty4/18/2013, 7:04 pm

Shakudo wrote:
Hi!

For me Leiurus Quinquestriatus no.1 and Androctonus sp. no.2. are on top of the list with me!

Also I wouldn't forget Centroides sp. they pack a powerful punch!

Joey

True, some of those can pack a punch, but I doon't believe they're strong enough to be that dangerous..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?   What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world? Empty

Back to top Go down

What are the most poisonous and deadliest scorpion in the world?
Page 1 of 1