The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Xenesthis Immanis Sling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty
PostSubject: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/9/2013, 10:13 pm

Just got this sling and wanted to show you all...Xenesthis Immanis. It's about a 1 inch sling right now. This species has quite large slings, they actually hatch at this size. The picture is nothing spectacular, but these transform into one of the most stunning tarantulas out there. They like it moderately humid and warm (75F to 85F). They can double in size with each of their first few molts. You can see the hide behind it. They do burrow, so I have it in a Kritter Keeper with cocofiber as the substrate. Enjoy!
Xenesthis Immanis Sling XImmanis001
Xenesthis Immanis Sling XImmanis002001
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/9/2013, 10:34 pm

This is what they look like with adult colors!
Xenesthis Immanis Sling PICT0058
Back to top Go down
deserthairyscorpion1
Centruroides
deserthairyscorpion1

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/9/2013, 11:28 pm

wow Razz Surprised Shocked
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/10/2013, 12:14 am

do they kick hairs? i noticed the bald patches in the abdomen.

grats on that xenesthis. these species is quite rare and expensive where im at and even back home Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/10/2013, 12:21 am

They are supposed to be serious hair kickers. Almost all the sling pictures I've seen have bald abdomens. It is fast moving...I'm having a hard time not dropping a roach in there today...they are supposed to be ferocious eaters. I can hold off till breakfast...hopefully Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Shakudo
Tityus
Shakudo

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2013-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/10/2013, 3:45 am

Very cool man!! Looks great!
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

Number of posts : 485
Registration date : 2013-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/10/2013, 5:27 am

Congratulations on the new arrival

I have a 17cm LS female. She does not flick hair but raises her butt and struts around the enclosure when she is angry.

Here she is taking her first prey item after the last moult

Xenesthis Immanis Sling 2451A9475A1A513FBC0C24513FBA66
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/23/2013, 5:36 am

She is huge! I can't wait for those colors. The carapace is so amazing! How moist do you keep the enclosure? I've just been pouring about a cup or so of water on the substrate every couple of days. Mine stays right next to the damp moss. Does your female tolerate dry substrate at times? I just worry about mold and wonder if I can let the sub dry out between soaks.
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/23/2013, 5:42 am

Here is a better pic of my subadult female

I mist her enclosure thoroughly about once a week in summer and dunk a lot of water in one spot to soak the substrate properly.

In winter maybe once every 2 weeks with warm water so the temp in the viv does not drop suddenly

dont let it dry completely but dont worry too much if it dries as long as you are feeding it hydrated food

Xenesthis Immanis Sling 3751D4AAF92D516B1FE12E516B1E05
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/23/2013, 6:02 am

Good to know! Even the black on the legs is like velvet. I have a water dish with a stone in it. I'll be careful in the winter...it's spring here, so hoping to get a couple inches on her by winter. She climbs all over...hasn't tried bumping the lid yet, so I still like this one Laughing
Back to top Go down
shaneshac
Babycurus
shaneshac

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/23/2013, 6:04 am

Does she strut around with her butt in the air?

Typical X immanis moves lol
Back to top Go down
Bayss
Tityus
Bayss

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty4/23/2013, 6:32 am

Not yet...lol...I've really let her be. I did take the hide out and gave her moss to snuggle around in. Better visibility of feedings and peace of mind. She's all legs now...their defensive pose is pretty entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenesthis Immanis Sling   Xenesthis Immanis Sling Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenesthis Immanis Sling
Page 1 of 1