The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

Number of posts : 136
Registration date : 2012-12-16

EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty
PostSubject: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/26/2013, 4:32 pm

I am moving my Two new heterometrus (male and female) into my baby emperors' tank and moving them into a smaller keeper, as they do not need so much room. However when i moved the moss i noticed a tiny white buggy crawling across the dirt. I tried to scoop it into a teacup but lost it. Any ideas on what this could be? I didn't see any other ones but i didn't look very hard. I removed the scorplings from the tank and will not move Hodgie and Saya into the tank until i figure out what it was. If all else fails I will just empty the tank, wash it, and refill it with more eco earth. I had small-sized roached in the tank, but i thought such small roaches meant they were still infantile.. They could not have had babies could they have?
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/26/2013, 5:33 pm

Could be mites, could be a molted roach or cricket, could be a springtail. There are a lot of possibilities. Try to keep some isopods in your enclosure they keep the place clean and mite free and scorpions won’t eat them.
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/26/2013, 7:58 pm

Isopods. Will do! Thankyou
Back to top Go down
chrisc
Centruroides
chrisc

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-02-12

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/27/2013, 4:17 pm

sound's like springtail's to me i have them in most of my rub's the problem is i end up with too many of them.

did it look like these?
http://www1.extension.umn.edu/garden/insects/find/springtails/
Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/28/2013, 1:03 am

Are they bad
Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/28/2013, 1:06 am

And yes it looked like the white ones.I am guessing it is a spring tail. I really hope they don't infest the tank. But as long as they're not harmful I guess it's not very bad
Back to top Go down
chrisc
Centruroides
chrisc

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2013-02-12

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/28/2013, 1:50 am

they are good for keeping the setup clean but too many will annoy the scorpion if they are running all over it.

when removing any uneaten food/poo i scoop the area out with a small spoon and this seem's to keep the nimber's down a little, when i see quite a few on the scorpion i change the substrate and give the scorpion a spray with water while it a different tub to knock and that are on them off
Back to top Go down
Scorpiongirl
Centruroides
Scorpiongirl

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty3/29/2013, 12:33 am

Good to know, thank you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help   EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help Empty

Back to top Go down

EEK! Little white bug thing.. Parasite or roach infant??? Help
Page 1 of 1