The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Im new to this can u guys help me out?

Go down 
+6
Mr. Mordax
~Abyss~
bjaeger
Venom
*Connie*
monkey001
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-06-10

Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty
PostSubject: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:15 pm

Hi peoples i just got me my first emperor scorpion 5 days ago and wanted to know if how i got my set up is ok?Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo011
Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo012
I got a heat mat on the bottom of the tank for warmth but i havent got a hygrometer or thermostat yet so will she be ok?

I think shes a female plus i think she was in a tank with 2 male at the shop i got her from so do you think she might be pregnant?
heres a pic of her lol.
Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo013
Thanks Monkey001 Very Happy

Last edited by *Connie* on 6/12/2008, 2:20 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Excesivly large photos and avatar. I resized everything. *Connie* changed some text speak)
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:22 pm

she doesnt look gravid at the moment but that doesnt mean to say that she isnt!
I had a grrrl from a shop and after a few months she killed the male and then went HUGE and in feb popped a brood!

Your set up is fine. Dont worry about the whole temp and humidity readers. Just make sure the coco fibre is damp, and with the heat you will see the evidence of humidity on the side of the tank
*looks like what I got from my shop ages ago*

You will want to put some cling film over the tank, maybe 3 quarters to keep the heat and humidity up.

EDIT: first of all...are you sure she is a she?

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

Number of posts : 2834
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:24 pm

They could live in that, but they won't be cormftable.
Obviously a bigger tank wouldn't hurt.
A lil deeper water dish., deeper soil.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:25 pm

^^^
fully agree there. But for the moment it wont kill the little angel.

I think most people upgrade tanks the longer they have had their babies.

Took me about 2 months at least and then I had my nice big tank. cant move for tanks now hahaha
xxx
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:27 pm

Yup that's how I kept mine :p
That's why I was carefull to say that it was okay, and didn't say you NEED to get it.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:28 pm

*giggles*
Back to top Go down
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:29 pm

Yeah i think she is a she the people at the shop told me shes a boy but had a good look using those pics off the net.

I already have a much bigger old fish tank my friends gonna let me have so once i cleaned it all up and sorted it out then im gonna move her to that until i get an even larger tank Very Happy

Thanks for the help so far Very Happy

Last edited by *Connie* on 6/12/2008, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Text speak/grammer?)
Back to top Go down
Venom
Centruroides suffusus
Venom

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:30 pm

Im new to this can u guys help me out? Bandit
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:33 pm

...sorry. I dont mean to be a pain but "txt speak" is super annoying.
Also..there are people from other countries who might visit this page, looking for information and might not understand whats being typed
*hides*
By all means...admins....but...*coughs*
*runs away*

The bigger the tank the better, the deeper the substrate the better because as much as they are pet holes, it sure is great watching them dig and make burrows

xxxx
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:45 pm

If you get a clear shot of the underside we can sex your little buddy for ya Smile. You can put it in a clear container and take a shot of the bottom (recommended) or tail it and get a shot (NOT recommended. I do this as an absolute last resort).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 1:58 pm

its easy to guide into a cup and then into a clear container or if need be tail with decent tongs and into a container and take some pictures and we can all look and try to sex for you
xxx
Back to top Go down
bjaeger
Leiurus
bjaeger

Number of posts : 2282
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 2:03 pm

monkey001, please change the size of your avatar, as it will distort every thread that you post in...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/brandonjaeger
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 2:17 pm

I changed the avatar already and resized the pictures. Connie YOU HAVE MOD POWERS you can edit his post and I suggest you do so when you can. LOL. I didnt notice the txt speak
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 2:19 pm

thank you.
I didnt want to edit incase you didnt think it was something that shouldnt be...

Sorry monkey, welcome to the forum but damn text speak is annoying
*goes to edit*
Back to top Go down
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 3:19 pm

Ok sorry i will try write properly from now on Very Happy i will get the pic for you guys soon as shes awake lol.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 3:21 pm

brilliant Very Happy
Look forward to the pics
xxx
Back to top Go down
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 3:40 pm

right ive tryed to take the picture but my camera is rly poor and you cant see a thing but i definatley think its a she cause hers looks same as the female in this picture i used to help me tell.
Im new to this can u guys help me out? SexingEmperorScorpions
Back to top Go down
~Abyss~
Administrator
~Abyss~

Number of posts : 6472

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 3:41 pm

If you think you got the hang of it then you probably sexed it right. Its not so hard.
-Eddy
Back to top Go down
https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 3:42 pm

see, my cavimanus looks like the female but with the oval
*ooh maybe its both!*

If you think its a grrl and it looks like the pic then you have got yourself a grrl
xxx
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/12/2008, 11:58 pm

No one else mentioned this, but it's not always a good idea to have the heater on the bottom of the tank -- scorpions burrow to escape heat, it gets hotter, they burrow more . . . you can see where this is going.

I'm glad to notice you didn't trust the shop's saying she was a he -- someone here wanted an immature female and the shop claimed that's what it was, only it turned out to be an adult male. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/13/2008, 3:47 pm

i have my heatpad om the bottom of my tank, only because she has never attempted to burrow, but im changing that just in case. it migh be a good idea for you to do the same.
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/13/2008, 6:42 pm

in those type of tanks its hard to have the mat strapped to the wall.
In a glass tank its much easier and also good for the scorpion because more substrate can be added
xxx
Back to top Go down
spikexspiegel
Pandinus
spikexspiegel

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/15/2008, 7:56 pm

IHeartMantids wrote:
I'm glad to notice you didn't trust the shop's saying she was a he -- someone here wanted an immature female and the shop claimed that's what it was, only it turned out to be an adult male. Rolling Eyes

Grrr let's never mention that again mike.
Congrats on your very first scorpion i hope she is gravid for ya.
Back to top Go down
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/16/2008, 12:15 pm

I got me another little guy now well at least I think hes a he lol knowing my luck ive probly got 2 males or something. I got me a bigger tank now too but i need more eco earth bricks to fill it deep enough, one on them tryed burrowing the first nite but ended up getting to the stones at the bottom lol. I will take some pics and show you guys.
Back to top Go down
monkey001
Pandinus
monkey001

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty6/16/2008, 12:28 pm

Hear we are I put the heat mat on the back of the tank now and it keeps the tank warm and humid more plus I got a plastic tank lid from pet shop and drilled a few small holes in it so do you guys think this will be ok now? Im going to get a thermostat and a hygrometer soon as i get me pay raise this week Very Happy
Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo06161818
Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo06161819
Im new to this can u guys help me out? Photo06161819_1
Thanks for all your help and input so far guys!

Monkey001
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Im new to this can u guys help me out?   Im new to this can u guys help me out? Empty

Back to top Go down

Im new to this can u guys help me out?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next