The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes

Go down 
+3
robert44
Scorpion19981000
shebeen
7 posters
AuthorMessage
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty
PostSubject: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/12/2012, 6:56 pm

I purchased these a couple of months ago from Ward's Natural Science. They were described as "Giant Tropical Millipedes". I'm not sure if they're actually AGBs (Archispirostreptus gigas) but they sure do look like AGBs. Regardless of the species, the price was reasonable for a big black 9 inch millipede. I ask for 2 males and 2 females and that's exactly what they sent me. I've got them in a 10 gallon tank with 6 inches of substrate. The bottom 4 inches is straight coco-fiber; the top 2 inches is a 50/50 mix of coco-fiber and decaying oak and oak leaves.

The enclosure was rather sparse when I took these photos. Since then, I've removed some of the sphagnum and added a layer of oak leaf litter and a few branches for climbing.

Giant Tropical Millipedes:
Back to top Go down
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/12/2012, 7:31 pm

So envious, I LOVE these guys. Drool

They certainly look like AGBs to me, although I'm no milli expert.

How much were they? (As I'm looking around my room to see where I could fit another 10 gallon tank.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/12/2012, 11:54 pm

They were (and still are) $26.30 per millipede. My total cost for 4 specimens was $127.69 including shipping and tax. Mine were shipped from southern California and arrived in one day, but then, I'm only 500 miles away.
Back to top Go down
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/13/2012, 12:18 am

Cool! I want some!
Back to top Go down
Tongue Flicker
Parabuthus
Tongue Flicker

Number of posts : 1106
Registration date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/13/2012, 12:26 am

we have a lot of large millipedes here especially during february months, my former school is swarming with millipedes by then and people love stepping on them. they refer to it as 'crunchies'
Back to top Go down
Papoose
Pandinus
Papoose

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/14/2012, 9:08 pm

Adorable
Back to top Go down
VictorHernandez
Hadogenes
VictorHernandez

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2012-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/15/2012, 7:36 pm

Awesome pedes. I still remember the discussion on arachnoboards of whether or not they were AGBs. If they're similar size, same look, and everything, that's close enough for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/captiveinvertebrates
Moghue49
Pandinus

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty12/16/2012, 4:22 pm

I couldn't agree more. I think they are AGB's so much so I have 4 of them. If they turn out not to be they are still worth the price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes   Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes Empty

Back to top Go down

Shebeen's Giant Tropical (AGB?) Millipedes
Page 1 of 1