The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Over producing B. Jacksoni

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2012-06-22

Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty
PostSubject: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/16/2012, 9:51 am

Hey guys,
I would like to know if its "normal" that a B. Jacksoni gives birth very very shortly after another birth?
I bought my two Jacksonis this summer, two females- No males! One that apparently was gravid and gave birth not so long ago. And another female with slings, some of them still on her back, so i guess they where only 2. instar. Only one of her babies is molted in to 3. instar and all the others are now super fat and wont eat, so they will follow soon.
The one with the, molting into 3. instar slings, is the one that has just given birth this week - they look so fresh so i guess its 1 -2 days ago.
I noticed that she buried herself into a very warm cave(up against the glass) some time ago, and then started growing rapidly, i thought i was so lucky that i got to see one of my big scorps molt, but naah, just a bucketload of new sling Smile

Sooo, now i got like.. 60-70 Jacksonis. please come and get your free sample ^^

-Kim
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/16/2012, 2:45 pm

Denmark is too far away for me to get any. Have you considered talking to the shops where you bought them about buying some slings back from you. I'm sure if you give hem a good enough price you can move them fast. But part of the fun of B. Jacksoni is starting an army.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/16/2012, 4:43 pm

they dont sell them in shops here :-\ bought them private. hehe the army is growing too fast! had them for two or three months now and i cant find space for more because my h. laoticus also gave s me a bunch of babies
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/16/2012, 5:53 pm

Man put them in cups and toss in heat pack and ship them to me.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/16/2012, 6:01 pm

Double clutching in scorpions can happen. I don't know if this is true with B.jacksoni.
Back to top Go down
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/17/2012, 5:00 am

she shouldnt have been exposed to males, since i have no grown males. but the short time between births suprised alot!
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/17/2012, 5:55 am

They can double clutch, I bought a female at an expo and didn't know she was gravid when I got her. A few months later she popped a brood and about the time the first brood were molting to 3i she popped again. She was the only B. jacksoni I had and certainly had not been with a male in the time I had her. I believe she was cooking a 3rd brood but some unfortunate circumstances ended her life before the 3rd brood popped.
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/17/2012, 7:06 am

sorry to here that she died..
its great to here that someone else has experienced the same thing with the births
i have fallen deeply in love with the jacksonis, they are amazing hunters right from the start, and pretty active at night :-)
Back to top Go down
Gnat
Centruroides
Gnat

Number of posts : 180
Registration date : 2009-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/17/2012, 10:11 am

I too have an affinity with these scorps, I wish I had kept some of the babies I had. This is a top 3 scorp I want to own (again)
Back to top Go down
http://www.insectgeeks.com/gnat
KLN1988
Centruroides
KLN1988

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty11/17/2012, 12:39 pm

since im new to the jacksonis, i was amazed to see how 2. instars could take crix larger than them self. just awesome scorps!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over producing B. Jacksoni   Over producing B. Jacksoni Empty

Back to top Go down

Over producing B. Jacksoni
Page 1 of 1