The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty
PostSubject: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 4:41 am

my power went out from the hurricane for a few days, then i dug my emps up from there burrow. one of them i thought was dead, its legs were curled up against its body, it was stiff, and wouldnt move. i put it under the infared heat light and after about 20 minutes it came back to life. the other 4 scorpions were cold too , they moved a little bit but it wasnt good. they were in a 15L 20H glass aquarium with about 10 inches of coco fiber substrate. they burrowed all the way to the bottom and were very cold. so i moved them to the "safe tank" just for winter. its a 10 gallon tank with only 2 inches of coco fiber substrate. a 75 watt and 50 watt infared heat light. they wont be able to burrow but atleast they will be warm. im not going to let my emps commit suicide by burrowing in the winter and freezing to death. plus if they are cold they wont eat. when spring and summer come back around im going to move them back into the bigger tank with all the dirt so then they can burrow all they want. it might sound mean that i dont want them to burrow during winter, i just dont want them to get to cold and die.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 5:23 am

Do you have working shift/caps and enter keys on your keyboard?
Your post is extremely hard to read. For the sake of all members trying to read it, and who may be able to help you, please do write in a clear manner.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 10:11 am

DolbyR is right.

We believe you can make your post clearer with a little more effort on your part.

Try to get only one main point or question across in each paragraph. Like so:

emperor5 wrote:
My power went out from the hurricane for a few days, then i dug my emps up from there burrow.

One of them i thought was dead, its legs were curled up against its body, it was stiff, and wouldnt move.

I put it under the infared heat light and after about 20 minutes it came back to life. the other 4 scorpions were cold too , they moved a little bit but it wasnt good. they were in a 15L 20H glass aquarium with about 10 inches of coco fiber substrate.

They burrowed all the way to the bottom and were very cold so i moved them to the "safe tank" just for winter. its a 10 gallon tank with only 2 inches of coco fiber substrate. a 75 watt and 50 watt infared heat light.

They wont be able to burrow but atleast they will be warm. im not going to let my emps commit suicide by burrowing in the winter and freezing to death. plus if they are cold they wont eat.

When spring and summer come back around im going to move them back into the bigger tank with all the dirt so then they can burrow all they want. it might sound mean that i dont want them to burrow during winter, i just dont want them to get to cold and die.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 12:57 pm

alright sorry guys. ill make sure i do that next time.
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 1:37 pm

Regarding your concern, in my opinion, letting them burrow or not might not be a good prevention of them getting freezed to death. If the substrate is that cold, not being able to burrow wouldn't keep them alive much longer as well.

You might wish to work on some backup power supplies (auto triggered in times of power failure, if possible) so that your heating elements would still be functional during a harsh cold weather.
Back to top Go down
sp1int3r
Hadogenes
sp1int3r

Number of posts : 99
Registration date : 2012-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 3:51 pm

if you need idea on how to keep them warm see my post. https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t9117-help-lost-power-no-heat-for-scorps#103500
i also lost power due to the hurricane and Yames had a great idea and it worked very well.
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 5:51 pm

Awww shucks I'm blushing.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty11/2/2012, 7:33 pm

thanks for the link.

yames did have a good idea, im going to get heat packs and a cooler to prepare incase another power out happens. i have deli cups.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"   Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank" Empty

Back to top Go down

Cold Emp.... Moved To "Safe Tank"
Page 1 of 1