The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

scorpion for rocky terrarium

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
rubenevo
Hadogenes
rubenevo

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-09-25

scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty
PostSubject: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/26/2012, 2:38 pm

Hi!
do anybody know about any communal scorpion that lives in a rocky enviroment? (rock dessert)
I'd like to have plants and stuff in there and make both sand, rocks and dirt areas. i think those terrarium are awesome, and i like active scorpions that climbs, walk around and accationaly digs! Smile
thanks
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/26/2012, 3:32 pm

Chin Scratch Hmmmm, have a look at Orthochirus spp., Vaejovis spp., Hoffmannius spp. and maybe some of the arid dwelling North American Centruroides spp.

Back to top Go down
rubenevo
Hadogenes
rubenevo

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/26/2012, 3:34 pm

Do you have any specific spicies? Smile
Back to top Go down
Callum B
Administrator
Callum B

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-09-21

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/26/2012, 5:36 pm

I don't have experience with Orthochirus spp. but I know some species do well in groups. Shadowfoot or any other keepers care to step in?

Hoffmannius spinigerus i.e. striped devil scorpions, are often kept in groups. There are many other Vaejovis/Hoffmannius spp. that are very similar looking and require similar care. Go have a search about on that amazing thing known as google Smile

Centruroides sculpturatus i.e. Arizona bark scorpion. Like most Centruroides spp., as adults cannibalism is rare and they do well kept communally. There are a couple of other Centruroides spp. that are from arid regions that are available from time to time.
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/27/2012, 12:09 pm

My Orthochirus afghanus do very well in groups. Never seen any aggression from them towards each other. I don't know if the other species are like this.
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/27/2012, 12:44 pm

If you want plants in a desert enclosure, go with something artificial. They have some very realistic looking artificial cactus and succulents available, plus, there's zero lighting and watering requirements. I tried keeping live desert plants in my H, arizonensis enclosure and it was an utter failure. Other folks have met with similar results.
Back to top Go down
rubenevo
Hadogenes
rubenevo

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/27/2012, 2:21 pm

thank for answers! Smile
i have a 45x45x45 cm enclosure, so i want to make something cool Smile do u have caresheets on the scorps?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty10/27/2012, 6:24 pm

Check the All Scorpion Archives sub-forum for care sheets. You can also use the search function to find previous discussion threads for the species you're interested in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: scorpion for rocky terrarium   scorpion for rocky terrarium Empty

Back to top Go down

scorpion for rocky terrarium
Page 1 of 1