The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

Need Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheEleventhScorpio
Pandinus

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-10-16

PostSubject: Need Help   10/16/2012, 8:29 am

well yeah I'm just new to scorpions... I still don't have one but can anybody tell me what gallon should I get for an emperor scorpion others say 5 and others say 10, what should I do? and how can I keep the heating of the terrarium the temperature here in my country Philippines is sometimes hot and cold, the scorpion could get a bad condition, what should I do? Can you give me advise?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowfoot
Parabuthus

Number of posts : 1298
Registration date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 8:45 am

TheEleventhScorpio wrote:
well yeah I'm just new to scorpions... I still don't have one but can anybody tell me what gallon should I get for an emperor scorpion others say 5 and others say 10, what should I do?

Depends on what instar the scorpion is. If its adult a 10 gallon would be better. For 2 instar to 5 instar you can keep them in deli cups that is about double their length.

and how can I keep the heating of the terrarium the temperature here in my country Philippines is sometimes hot and cold, the scorpion could get a bad condition, what should I do? Can you give me advise?

I would suggest a 60w IR bulb connected to a dimmer switch and a reliable digital thermometer. This way you can easily regulate the temps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEleventhScorpio
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 8:49 am

shadowfoot wrote:
well yeah I'm just new to scorpions... I still don't have one but can anybody tell me what gallon should I get for an emperor scorpion others say 5 and others say 10, what should I do?

Depends on what instar the scorpion is. If its adult a 10 gallon would be better. For 2 instar to 5 instar you can keep them in deli cups that is about double their length.

and how can I keep the heating of the terrarium the temperature here in my country Philippines is sometimes hot and cold, the scorpion could get a bad condition, what should I do? Can you give me advise?

I would suggest a 60w IR bulb connected to a dimmer switch and a reliable digital thermometer. This way you can easily regulate the temps.
Just to ask are they expensive?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowfoot
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 8:51 am

I don't know about prices in the Philippines but over here all those items can be purchased for inexpensive prices.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheEleventhScorpio
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 9:20 am

umm this may sound like I'm really clueless but I'm just bad with the keywords/terms what is an instar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shadowfoot
Parabuthus

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 9:30 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
kfc223
Hadogenes

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2012-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 2:06 pm

I agree with shadowfoots advise, just stick to that and you will be good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CactusHugger
Babycurus

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   10/16/2012, 3:03 pm

I keep my emperor at 75 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit and at a humidity above 55% and he does fine others I have talked to that have owned them for a while say that works fine too. As far as maintaining these conditions I have a simple humidity gauge set up away from the water to get the best reading and a temperature gauge next to that. If your house is kept at these right temps and you mist the cage 10 gallon for adult 5 gallon and lower for anything smaller. Misting the bottom of the substrate then misting the next layer and the next layer and so on will help keep the humidity above 60% as well as misting moss and other humidity controllers is great as well. Otherwise my scorpion thrives under these conditions and is healthy maybe other people do it differently but this way works great for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need Help   

Back to top Go down

Need Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: