The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Help guys, I don't know what to do.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
blee
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Help guys, I don't know what to do. Empty
PostSubject: Help guys, I don't know what to do.   Help guys, I don't know what to do. Empty10/3/2012, 3:10 am

So, my emp scorpion had babies and about 5 of them survived out of 8 or so. I must have bought the pregnant one because that's the only scorpion I had in 5.5 gallon tank. So, I had them for about 4 months. They have dug tunnels all throughout the substrate. They come out sometimes at night and they have on problem catching crickets. Now, my question is, what to do from now? I know they will keep getting bigger and bigger, but in 5.5 gallon tank. I don't want to dig them out because I don't know where the tunnels are. Only the mother is the log hiding spot, and the youngsters are in the tunnel. I sometimes can see them because they have dug the tunnels all the way to the glass. I really don't know what to do. Should I just keep them in 5.5 gallon tank? I haven't seen them fight yet. I make sure they get plenty of crickets. I feed them every week. I drop about 8 to 9 crickets, and they are usually gone in 2 days. So, what should I do?
Back to top Go down
lycanlord
Leiurus
lycanlord

Number of posts : 2916
Registration date : 2008-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Help guys, I don't know what to do.   Help guys, I don't know what to do. Empty10/3/2012, 3:59 am

emps are communal so they could all be kept together aslong as well fed, my concern would be if the mother is in with them she may eat them as they are so small and tasty.

In a community setup you dont really want any huge size differences
Back to top Go down
WyattEarp4137
Babycurus
WyattEarp4137

Number of posts : 397
Registration date : 2011-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Help guys, I don't know what to do.   Help guys, I don't know what to do. Empty10/9/2012, 4:53 pm

Emps are indeed communal and they should be able to live together peacefully unless the mother does indeed choose to eat her young. However, as your babies grow the 5.5 gallon tank will not be enough space for them all to live comfortably. For five scorps I wouldn't go anything smaller than a 35 gallon tank. Other than that as far as getting them all out, Start taking them one by one and moving them. Watch for them to come out at night to feed and snatch them. Other than that there's really nothing you can do aside from digging them out which you have stated could be a problem. Good luck to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help guys, I don't know what to do.   Help guys, I don't know what to do. Empty

Back to top Go down

Help guys, I don't know what to do.
Page 1 of 1