The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2012-09-06

Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty
PostSubject: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/24/2012, 6:05 pm

Hello,

Does anyone have any set up pictures they could share for a Desert Hairy? Im looking to get one in a month or so and have been reading the care sheet over and over.. Also looking on youtube but you never know how accurate some of the enclosures on there actually are.
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/24/2012, 11:39 pm

I have mine in a 2.5 gal aquarium with desert sand, a small half tube of cork bark and a small piece of slate. I keep it warm and dry with and IR (red) lamp for about 14 hours a day and let it go off by timer at night.

It's not the described ideal for him because they like to dig burrows but I also can't provide 8 feet of substrate for him to dig in. So I monitor my humidity and temps daily and he seems thrilled to put on shows for me. I've also put a water bottle lid of water in every few weeks just in case he needs more water.

But don't stress too much about how you set things up because your H.a will move things around and shovel sand places every night.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
toidy
Centruroides
toidy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2012-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 2:52 am

Here's a pic of my hadrurus arizonensis pallidus.

I use 50% coco peat and 50% sand for it's substrate.

Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... IMG-20120728-00077
Back to top Go down
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 7:30 am

Thanks Both,

toidy thats a nice looking Scorp there..

What are the ideal dimensions for an enclosure? Im in the UK and we dont go by gallon tank sizes. Its all in Inches or cm's
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 8:12 am

Size of tank for a single adult specimen
- 30cm by 15cm by 25cm (length x width x height)
- I do not have the luxury of space in my scorpion room, hence the above should be the minimal size, larger enclosure e.g. will do fine as well

Back to top Go down
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 8:16 am

GS wrote:
Size of tank for a single adult specimen
- 30cm by 15cm by 25cm (length x width x height)
- I do not have the luxury of space in my scorpion room, hence the above should be the minimal size, larger enclosure e.g. will do fine as well

Would the large one of these be OK? http://www.essexreptile.com/products/breeding-box

According to the website its 42x27x15

Or is it too small?

I dont have much space myself so tall glass tanks arent really ideal but will have to look at all options as dont want it housed incorrectly
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 8:25 am

I would say it is fine Smile
Back to top Go down
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 8:28 am

Brilliant thanks Smile

Ill be purchasing that this weekend then along with some play sand just to get it dried properly ready for the scorp in a month or so..

If anyone else has pics of their set up I would love to see them still scorpion

Just so I can borrow some ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/25/2012, 8:41 am

Richard has a great enclosure for his Hadrurus arizonensis, not sure if you have seen it.

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/t7321-shebeen-s-hadrurus-arizonensis
Back to top Go down
daniel..
Hadogenes
daniel..

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/26/2012, 4:27 pm

I didnt see that no but it looks amazing.. Maybe ill try something like that Wink

I can actually get one of those glass exo's really cheap so am going to get one for my emp as while its cheap. lol..

thanks for your help again GS
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty9/26/2012, 8:48 pm

Have fun setting up the new enclosure Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...   Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)... Empty

Back to top Go down

Desert Hairy - Hadrurus arizonensis (I think)...
Page 1 of 1