The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

dune scorpion / water dish ....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty
PostSubject: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/21/2012, 6:27 pm

[b]hello everyone, i have a dune scorpion, i think male, had him for about 2 months, i put an infared heat light on him becuase its getting cooler outside. and i didnt have a water dish when i didnt have the heat light. but after i put the heat light on i thought the heat light would dry out the scorpion and make it thirsty, if that makes sense. so i put in a water dish. the moisture from the water dish wont kill the scorpion will it ?? or should i take out the water dish ??? i just dont want the scorpion to dehydrate. i feed the scorpion once a week, so im not sure if i should keep the water dish in there or not.??
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/21/2012, 6:41 pm

Fill the water dish once a week and let it evaporate. The couple of days it has water will give your scorp the opportunity to drink if it needs to. Any added humidity will be negligible and of no harm.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/21/2012, 7:42 pm

before i checked my responses i took the water dish out becuase i thought the humidity was going to kill the scorpion, should i put it back in ?? i just dont want him to die, but when he gets ready to molt and stops eating, thats when he could dehydrate becuase its not geting any water from the crickets.
Back to top Go down
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/21/2012, 7:51 pm

okay im puting a smaller water dish in, cuting the bottom of a plastic bottle of water, and puting some pebbles in it , and ill fill it once a week. thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Yames
Tityus
Yames

Number of posts : 521
Registration date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/22/2012, 11:07 am

if you have an open top the extra water from the dish evaporating will just escape. If on the other hand you have a solid glass top there is a chance to build some humidity in the tank with something as large as a 500ml water bottle bottom filled. Maybe just use the water bottle cap. And let your aquariums breath a bit for your desert species.

I worry about my temps and humidity sometimes too so I picked up the probe style thermometer and hydrometer. Now if there's any doubt I just put the little batteries in and lower the probes down to scorp height. leave them there for a few min and feel VERY happy knowing all is well in scorpion town.

(caution) don't leave your probe wires in such a way that one of your specimens could climb it to escape.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com/
robert44
Tityus

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty9/22/2012, 5:18 pm

I always try to "gut load" my feeder insects before feeding them to scorps, tarantulas, etc. For example, when I buy crickets I like to let them feed on good quality food (including fresh fruits and veggies) and hydrate on a wet paper towel folded small. This way your scorps will get some of their moisture via the feeders. I'm not sure about the care of a dune scorp but I thought I would through this out if it helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: dune scorpion / water dish ....   dune scorpion / water dish .... Empty

Back to top Go down

dune scorpion / water dish ....
Page 1 of 1