The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

quick question in emp scorplings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

Number of posts : 357
Registration date : 2008-05-09

quick question in emp scorplings Empty
PostSubject: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/2/2008, 3:47 pm

2 days sence she was done giving birth.
when do i feed the mom a wounded cricket?
will the babies eat b 4 there first molt??
Back to top Go down
scorpion111
Post-whore
scorpion111

Number of posts : 3455
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/2/2008, 3:51 pm

well if the scorps are still with thier mum, you can leave some headless crix lying about,or you could give the mum a cricket and she may let her babies eat it. anyway, thats just what i would do. you should ask the emp expert - theidion.

Last edited by scorpion111 on 6/3/2008, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705
Registration date : 2008-02-06

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/2/2008, 4:35 pm

A day after Stingy finished giving birth I offered two injured crickets. Both were dragged into the hide, beaten up and pushed out the other end....

Some females feed, others dont. My grrrl didnt. All I know is she was drinking a LOT and it was quite cute to see the babies hanging on while shes hanging into the bowl having a drink...wow that was like 16 weeks ago when that happened Very Happy

xxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/2/2008, 6:26 pm

i did the cricket idea worked good mom eat it, well as far as i can see she did
Back to top Go down
Mr. Mordax
Administrator
Mr. Mordax

Number of posts : 7743

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/2/2008, 10:57 pm

There's no need to feed mom while the babies are on her back -- some will, some will refuse, but very rarely will a scorpion mom eat her young out of hunger (usually there's something else going on if cannibalism occurs).

And no, the young will not feed until after their first molt -- then give them at least a few days to harden up.
Back to top Go down
electrophyste
Babycurus
electrophyste

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/3/2008, 10:16 am

ok so when the babies molt they will still stay on her back?
so when they make there own burrows is when i remove them from the enclosure into a new one? or is there time before that?

im sorry im new to this whole having babies survive thing lol
Back to top Go down
*Connie*
Post-whore
*Connie*

Number of posts : 3705

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty6/3/2008, 10:38 am

They will moult and will come off her back but will happily hitch some rides on her back! they will also be well protected by mum.
An example...

Stingy was in the hide and her young were wondering about *2 weeks and 1 day old*
I was watching as first time seen them away from mums back! she came RUSHING out and basically was on top of them physically and wrapped her chela around them!
SO super protective. this is why I removed them from mum 4 days after! She wouldnt even let me into the tank to change the water or do ANYTHING!

Its in their nature to make burrows. If they are off her back, remove mum from the tank and collect the young to put into their own tank...or you can just leave them all be until they are older.
Mixed reports ive read and heard about keeping them in with mum.

xxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
http://healingfromwithin.heavenforum.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick question in emp scorplings   quick question in emp scorplings Empty

Back to top Go down

quick question in emp scorplings
Page 1 of 1