The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

does my tarantula need a water dish ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty
PostSubject: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/11/2012, 5:00 pm

my tarantula (medium size rose hair ) was in a ten gallon tank with a hide, water dish, and fake desert plant, but today i moved it into the adult terrestrial tarantula cage from www.tarantulacages.com..... the cage is a little smaller, rite now it just has a hide in there, i didnt put the water dish and fake desert plant back in becuase i wanted the tarantula to have room to walk around and dig.....but is my tarantula going to dehydrate with out the water dish ????? i think it comes from the desert but im not sure, i have the tarantula keepers guide book but i didnt get that far into reading it yet..... when the water dish was in there the tarantula would just dig and fill it with dirt, thats what is going to happen if i put it back in there becuase the cage is a little smaller, or should i put the water dish in anyway ????
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/11/2012, 5:06 pm

Yes, all tarantulas require a water dish......the reasons for this are explained in the book you purchased.

There's a section in the back of the book specifically for G. rosea btw.
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/11/2012, 5:32 pm

okay, thanks for responding, ill put the water dish back in rite now.....
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
Ludedor24
Babycurus

Number of posts : 280
Registration date : 2011-10-02

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/11/2012, 6:02 pm

With a rosie dont worry too much and they will keep filling the dish up with dirt , just refill as needed
Back to top Go down
DolbyR
Leiurus
DolbyR

Number of posts : 2097
Registration date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/20/2012, 3:33 am

Ludedor24 wrote:
With a rosie dont worry too much and they will keep filling the dish up with dirt , just refill as needed

It all comes down really to the "personality" of the T. My auratum does it all the time, but my Grammostolas have never done it.
Back to top Go down
http://allscorpionarchives.forumotion.com
shining
Parabuthus
shining

Number of posts : 1162
Registration date : 2011-05-28

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty8/21/2012, 12:25 am

Yes keep a water dish in there. I have an obt that I have a constant battle with. He always webs up the dish or moves it across the enclosure,even battles me when I refill it by pulling the watering tube for a game of tug of war. The constant battles are all worthwhile when I saw him drinking. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: does my tarantula need a water dish ???   does my tarantula need a water dish ??? Empty

Back to top Go down

does my tarantula need a water dish ???
Page 1 of 1