The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

female? no pic but oval thing........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emperor5
Tityus
emperor5

Number of posts : 516
Registration date : 2012-06-09

female? no pic but oval thing........ Empty
PostSubject: female? no pic but oval thing........   female? no pic but oval thing........ Empty7/2/2012, 10:20 pm

i looked at pictures online of male and female pectines and the oval thing are easier to tell but on one of my scorpions its oval untill it reaches the sides and the sides have like a diamond point on them but the bottom isnt tucked in like a heart its oval untill on the sides its like a diamond...... do u think it male or female ????? but the top and bottom is oval just not the sides......
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/androctonus.australis.5
SmileWiper
Pandinus

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2012-06-20

female? no pic but oval thing........ Empty
PostSubject: Re: female? no pic but oval thing........   female? no pic but oval thing........ Empty7/2/2012, 10:35 pm

Both Scorps you post are 100% males The easiest way to sex an Emperor scorpion is to look underneath it, at the genital operculum (genital opening), which is located next to the feather like structures,(pectines) see the photo below. If this part of their body is oval shaped, it's a male. If it's heart shaped, it's a female.
female? no pic but oval thing........ Pandinus-imperator-female-genital-operculum this is a photo of a female

again!
Back to top Go down

female? no pic but oval thing........
Page 1 of 1