The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
seno.arifansyah
Hadogenes
seno.arifansyah

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2011-11-17

Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?   Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? Empty6/30/2012, 11:32 am

I am a citizen of Indonesia. I am still confused by the difference between H. longimanus and H. spinifer. In Indonesia, the scorpion with a greenish tint called H. longimanus, while the reddish-called H. spinifer. Actually, what is the difference of the two types are? Indonesia most people doubted that the reddish color is H. longimanus, because it is not scrutinized by the people of Indonesia.

[1]
Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? 100_7633
In Indonesia, species such as images [1] is called H. longimanus.

[2]
Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? W
In Indonesia, species such as images [2] called H. spinifer.
Back to top Go down
http://arifansyah.tumblr.com
Scorpion19981000
Administrator
Scorpion19981000

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?   Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? Empty6/30/2012, 3:31 pm

Hello, could you please post this in the "Scorpion ID" section? Or could a mod or admin move the above post (and this one) to that section?

Anyway, do you know the sex of the scorps you posted above?

I'm in the process of creating a guide for IDing common Heterometrus sp, but it's far from being complete. (I need pictures.)
You can see what I have done so far here: Heterometrus ID guide
Back to top Go down
http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
LXDNG79
Tityus
LXDNG79

Number of posts : 605
Registration date : 2008-10-16

PostSubject: Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?   Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? Empty7/1/2012, 6:11 am

Hi Seno.arifansyah,

The scorpions in pic [1] are neither H. longimanus or H. spinifer. I'm not certain but looking at the tuberculate surface of the manus, I guessing they might be H. cyaneus. IDing from photographs are always kinda tricky....

Pic [2] is most likely H. spinifer... I'm guessing by the prominently red telson... but if you found this in Indonesia... then I would think otherwise....

Cheers and best regards

btw which part of Indonesia are you from?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?   Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heterometrus longimanus or H.spinifer?
Page 1 of 1