The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

She's gone :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Heckboy
Pandinus

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: She's gone :(   6/11/2012, 8:14 pm

So I hadn't seen my Pandinus Imperator in a couple of weeks and had a bad feeling, especially as I figured she was about due for a moult.
I knew it shouldn't take that long, so I finally dug out her burrow to find this:

Must have been a bad moult, because I really can't see the half-dozen or so isopods that were in there doing too much damage. And I was just considering building a larger enclosure to be able to put a couple of friends in with her.
No reason I can't do that anyways, I guess.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scorpion19981000
Administrator

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/11/2012, 8:24 pm

Damn.......That really sucks. RIP
That's got to be the worst "bad molt" I've ever seen. And yeah, the isopods would not have done that much damage unless the scorp was already dead.

"Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just donít let yourself believe it will happen to you."
-Muhammad Ali

My Youtube Channel.
My inverts:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
deserthairyscorpion1
Centruroides

Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2012-05-04

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/12/2012, 12:47 pm

I'm so sorry. My Emp. died a month ago because it had broken a leg and was really weak. May it rest in peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mandelich
Pandinus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-05-16

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/12/2012, 9:06 pm

I had an emp. I went on vacation for the weekend (reptile show to be exact). Made sure he was well fed and taken care of before I left and when I came back I checked on him and things didn't look right. I waited a day and he was still sitting in the same spot and finally went to grab him and he shattered like in your picture. To be honest up until I saw your post I had no idea what could have been the cause. So sorry for your loss. Its hard when your lil babies go through a molt and things go wrong and there's nothing you can do about it Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Heckboy
Pandinus

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2011-06-16

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/13/2012, 12:06 am

Scorpion19981000 wrote:
Damn.......That really sucks. RIP
That's got to be the worst "bad molt" I've ever seen. And yeah, the isopods would not have done that much damage unless the scorp was already dead.
Well realistically... the "damage" is likely more due to decomposition than anything else. She burrowed right down to the gravel of the false bottom setup, and the whole month or longer (I was wrong about it just being a couple of weeks) that she was down there in the wet warmth probably didn't help much.
Looking at it though... it doesn't seem as if she was stuck in the moult, since the exuvia seems to have been completely separated.
Further, her abdomen doesn't seem overly damaged (as in eaten), and the parts that are there seem to have hardened more or less completely, so for all I know the moult was fine and she died afterwards for some other reason. I really don't know.

Already working on a bigger enclosure though... maybe I'll just get a couple of adults and take the gamble that they're not too close to the end of their life cycle.

Thanks for all the condolences, everyone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scorpion19981000
Administrator

Number of posts : 1895
Registration date : 2011-07-03

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/13/2012, 7:42 am

Very strange............... Well, good luck with your next scorps.

"Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just donít let yourself believe it will happen to you."
-Muhammad Ali

My Youtube Channel.
My inverts:

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.scorpionforum.darkbb.com
liocheles
Centruroides

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   6/14/2012, 1:56 pm

Rest in Peace.. sorry for ur lost buddy~ Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: She's gone :(   

Back to top Go down

She's gone :(
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum! :: The Scorpion's Lair :: Scorpions In General-
Jump to: