The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2011-07-19

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty
PostSubject: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/5/2012, 10:40 pm

Earlier today I caught my female drumming alot in her enclosure. I found this to be odd behavious considering I have no adult male cyriocosmus.

7 hours later ( headb ) I decided to check my subadult elegans to see if it had molted. Indeed it has and he is now a mature male! Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! 129887 cheers

I decieded to give it ago and put their enclosures (a little too small, I know) up against eachother and remove the lids.

Tha male approached her very slowly. None of them were drumming.
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6260

Then he started to web! Shocked
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6261

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6262

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6263

After he had spun for a while the female caught interest and started approaching him SLOWLY
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6264

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6267

Suddenly she bolts at him, but he reacted lightning fast so I decided not to do anything yet, as it seemed he could take care of himself. Viking
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6268

I decided to give her a dubia nymph to mellow her up a little and soon enough he starts to approach her and drum slightly.
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6269

She was very aggressive and showed no signs of hornyness.. whip
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6270

Between taking these pictures she chased him away like 4-5 times but he kept pushing and going at it. She got MAD
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6271

She got so mad she actually grabbed his molt furiously and started biting and crunching it.
Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! CIMG6272

Stupidly I let them interact some more, just in case. He just seemed so sure he would succeed that he convinced me too. After some more flirting she attacked him, bit him in his leg/s and he ran away. headb He seem to be doing fine now tho. Viking

I threw in a bunch of dubia nymphs to the female and called it a day. When I feel I've fattened her up some more, I will give it another try.

This is by far the most nervewrecking encounter I have seen Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! 8072 . I'm still shaking. A little because it was so scary to watch, but also because I have more trouble finding male C. elegans than male P. metallicas and M. balfouris..! spider

Im going to go to bed now... Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! 8072
Back to top Go down
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 12:00 am

few looked like it was quite the long and stressful endeavour!

really great pics though :3
Back to top Go down
http://ramenuzumaki.deviantart.com
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 8:32 am

Yeah, should have seen earlier that there were no chance for mating here, and separated them. Well, it could have gone alot worse so Smile
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 9:02 am

It's a good attempt. Not everyday is Sunday isn't it Smile

Nice capture btw. Very nice "storyboarding" that got me hooked on reading.. lolz
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 9:11 am

Hehe, thanks! It was very exciting and terrifying at the same time! Really dissapointed nothing happened =/ I've been looking forward to breeding cyriocosmus.

Oh well. I got plenty of chances. Have 3 adult females, c. venezuelensis, c. perezmilesi and c. elegns. Also i have 4 juvenuile venezuelensis, 5 juvenile perezmilesi and 4 juvenile cyriocosmus sp. leetzi Very Happy Cant wait! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 10:10 am

this is the second spider breeding thing ive seen. the first the person freaked out about separating the male. the male also looked almost dead afterwards haha. i guess that one was a successful breeding attempt. he go under her, and stroked her legs, and they fought and stuff.

do most T. kill the male afterwards or something?
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 10:23 am

No, but sometimes it happen. The female thinks he will be a good meal and good nutrition for her now that she is gonna make babies Razz
Sometimes the female even eats the male before anything happens. I think that would have been the case if I would let these two continue.

This breeding attempt was a failure, he never got to get close enough to her and make an insertion.
Back to top Go down
Ramenuzumaki
Centruroides
Ramenuzumaki

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 10:26 am

breeding Ts is scary D:
Back to top Go down
Scorpeace
Babycurus
Scorpeace

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty6/6/2012, 10:36 am

Nah, its really fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!   Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cyriocosmus elegans breeding project!
Page 1 of 1