The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

desert harries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
apollyon
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-03-06

desert harries Empty
PostSubject: desert harries   desert harries Empty6/4/2012, 12:58 pm

i always hear people saying that desert harries are great beginner scorpions because of their venom level and how easy they are to care for, but why does no one ever mention how fast and aggressive they can be? i got a large female the other day and she seemed docile when i was handling her at the show. once i got her home, put her in her enclosure and introduced some dubai roaches into the tank, she went wild. she was even attacking decorations in the tank just because she bumped into them. when i would use a stick to stand the decor back up, she would run up and repeatedly sting the stick i was using. i've never seen any animal move as fast and as violently as she does. are they normally like this or is there some type of mental dissorder that scorpions can get?
Back to top Go down
shebeen
Tityus
shebeen

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2011-05-15

desert harries Empty
PostSubject: Re: desert harries   desert harries Empty6/4/2012, 2:12 pm

Mine is rather skittish and hides at the slightest disturbance. She just started coming out again at night after spending 6 months underground and not eating.
Back to top Go down
apollyon
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-03-06

desert harries Empty
PostSubject: Re: desert harries   desert harries Empty6/4/2012, 2:18 pm

mine is out all day and night and never seems to stop eating. if she were a mammal; i would assume it was rabbies, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

desert harries Empty
PostSubject: Re: desert harries   desert harries Empty

Back to top Go down

desert harries
Page 1 of 1