The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

P.cavimanus behaviour ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Godzilla
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-13

P.cavimanus behaviour ? Empty
PostSubject: P.cavimanus behaviour ?   P.cavimanus behaviour ? Empty4/19/2012, 11:00 am

Hey guys Iv had 1.2 red claws for just over a week now and have noticed difference in behaviour can you tell me if this is normal or pre shed behaviour etc

Both females have dug a burrow of sorts now 1 of them has a cave she's made so she can sit under neith at the bottom of tank and each night fills her water area in soil literally a big mound of it whereas the other female doesn't do this and has just made a nice neat hole at the side to sit in but also climbs the walks at night (I no they do this in enclosures anyway) and the male just sits there mouching around like he owns the place no digging or anything , also thought I'd add not 1 of them has fed since I got them which makes me wonder about pre-moult as the females are a little fat at the sides but no were else , females are both sane size body length about 2-3" and male about 2" so I'm thinking there all about 1 or 2 moults away from adults maybe but that's a guess .

Anyone shed some light please .
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: P.cavimanus behaviour ?   P.cavimanus behaviour ? Empty4/20/2012, 9:18 am

I'm a little perplexed that no one has bothered answering you .. especially when it's obvious that many users are online.....

Quote :
each night fills her water area in soil

This is normal behaviour. I've noticed some of my scorps have done the same and i've always put it down to a kind of scorpion environmental regulatory behaviour as in, it's to humid so they cover the water over or they like to lay on fresh damp soil so they create their own patch...Whatever the reason it's nothing really to worry about.

Quote :
also thought I'd add not 1 of them has fed since I got them which makes me wonder about pre-moult

A handy bit of info here would have been, how long have you had them? .. Yeh, pre moult or not hungry .. whatever the reason it's nothing much to worry about..Those guys can go months without eating.

Quote :
females are both sane size body length about 2-3" and male about 2" so I'm thinking there all about 1 or 2 moults away from adults maybe but that's a guess .

I've never had any cavimanus's although i've heard that they are slightly more aggressive than emps..This being the case i'd be tempted to split them up until they had moulted but that's your call....It's possible i guess that one or more of them are close to moult and they see the other scorps as a threat .. as in, there's a likelihood they could be eaten as soon as they had shed their hard exoskeleton..

As for how many moults they need before becoming adult i can't really say although if the females are 2 to 3 inch body size then it sounds to me as if they could be sub adult but like i say, i have no experience with those so i'm just guessing..

Back to top Go down
Godzilla
Pandinus

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2012-04-13

PostSubject: Re: P.cavimanus behaviour ?   P.cavimanus behaviour ? Empty4/20/2012, 2:35 pm

Thanks den much appreciated answered all my questions , I thought it was odd no one had answered as didn't think I was asking alot buy hey ho, oh yeah they are all in separate enclosures because the male and one female started fighting within a few hours of being together so thought it best to separate .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P.cavimanus behaviour ?   P.cavimanus behaviour ? Empty

Back to top Go down

P.cavimanus behaviour ?
Page 1 of 1