The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
ChatBox

Share | 

very stationery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
maqua
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: very stationery   4/18/2012, 10:12 pm

hi just a quick question about my emp. she feed about a week ago on a meal worm but since then she has taken up residence outside of her hide and only shuffles about rather than the active climbing up the side of the tank she is normally doing?

hopefully im just overworrying as its new behaviour to me x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den
Babycurus

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: very stationery   4/19/2012, 10:31 am

Quote :
she has taken up residence outside of her hide and only shuffles about rather than the active climbing up the side of the tank

All scorpions usually have a spell of trying to climb up the sides of their enclosures so no problems there. As for shuffling about outside her hide there could be many reasons for that .. to hot, temperature regulating, substrate not deep enough for her to dig a burrow, mealworms or roaches have dug themselves down and are now in her hide/burrow and if she's not hungry then they will just be an annoyance, substrate is damp on top but not underneath or maybe she is just chillin.
If it's daylight and she's still out in the open doing nothing much then consider your setup and environment, maybe there's something amiss there....She could also be an old lady and age is taking it's toll.

Quote :
hopefully im just overworrying as its new behaviour to me

We've all done that at one time or another so don't kick yourself to hard about that .. it's quite natural Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
maqua
Pandinus

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: very stationery   4/19/2012, 7:00 pm

well ive checked the viv out and everything is still the same and i even lifted up the bark hide and dug up the substrate under it in case the mealworm she was eating had got away but nothing was there so hopefully im just an over worrier and she is just doing it to scare me lol

u metioned that the climbing thing may be a phase but she has been doing this for the 2 years ive had her and she's still quite small at about 2 1/2 inch long lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Den
Babycurus

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: very stationery   4/20/2012, 9:00 am

Quote :
u metioned that the climbing thing may be a phase

I may have used an incorrect formulation .. I didn't mean that it is something they do for a little while until they realise there's no way out..I simply meant that it was normal behaviour.

Quote :
she's still quite small at about 2 1/2 inch long

It's small pieces of information like that that is a good idea to include in the initial post. I had assumed she was adult.
She could be in pre moult and her behaviour could be associated with that.
All in all though i don't think you have to much to worry about. Just make sure her environmental conditions are met and you remove prey items if they are not eaten.

Quote :
and she is just doing it to scare me

Doubtful Wink

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: very stationery   

Back to top Go down

very stationery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1