The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

giant forest scorpion behavior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
apollyon
Pandinus

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-03-06

giant forest scorpion behavior Empty
PostSubject: giant forest scorpion behavior   giant forest scorpion behavior Empty4/16/2012, 9:19 pm

i got a giant forest scorpion last week and she's been eating like it's going out of style. she's about 8 inches long and getting chubby. i don't know weather she's gravid or getting ready to molt, because her sides are still wrinkley. but what confuses me most, is what she's doing. once or twice a day, she will leave her cave walk out into the open, arch her back upwards, lift herself over an inch or so off of the substrate and just stand there for an hour or two. while she's doing this, i can pet her, mist her with water, or put a cricket in front of her, and she ignores everything. nothing seems to get her attention at all. but after an hour or two she'll just lower herself down, go back to her cave and sleep like nothing hapened. does anyone know what she doing?
Back to top Go down
shadowfoot
Parabuthus
shadowfoot

Number of posts : 1296
Registration date : 2012-01-18

giant forest scorpion behavior Empty
PostSubject: Re: giant forest scorpion behavior   giant forest scorpion behavior Empty4/17/2012, 10:59 am

My Opisthacanthus capensis female does that that quite often. Imo she is just regulating her body temperature.
Back to top Go down

giant forest scorpion behavior
Page 1 of 1