The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Web's Only Official All-Scorpion Forum!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
ChatBox

Owning a Liocheles australasiae

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
marisdok
Pandinus

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-03-24

Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty
PostSubject: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/24/2012, 8:46 am

Guys can you give me some tips or advice in caring and owning Liocheles australasiae.
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/24/2012, 8:58 am

Id say you'd care for it like any hets or pandinus sp. Moderate humid to medium high humid and 20~30 C.

Its parthenogenic so expect babies when it gets adult Smile
Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2011-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/24/2012, 9:57 am

humidity:high humidity 80-90% humidity
feeding: chopped mealworm, pinhead crickets, nymph lateralis.
put few bark wood for hiding. they are easy and hardy scorps.
substrate: cocopeat, or cocopeat mix with potting soil.
they are communal species, just make sure they got enough food to avoid cannibalism.

Owning a Liocheles australasiae 320162_2612220348503_1344857078_3016465_1964296429_n
Back to top Go down
**GS**
Leiurus
**GS**

Number of posts : 2629
Registration date : 2010-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/24/2012, 11:08 am

marisdok wrote:
Guys can you give me some tips or advice in caring and owning Liocheles australasiae.
liocheles & tlb_05 have given you good replies there Smile
You may wish to read about more by on the Liocheles australasiae breeding report by LXDN79.

Btw, you might have forgotten about your self-intro.

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/f2-introduce-yourself

Do give others a chance to know you and it'll also bring better response to your threads Smile

Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 12:14 am

GS wrote:
marisdok wrote:
liocheles & tlb_05 have given you good replies there Smile
You may wish to read about more by on the Liocheles australasiae breeding report by LXDN79.

Btw, you might have forgotten about your self-intro.

https://scorpionforum.darkbb.com/f2-introduce-yourself

Do give others a chance to know you and it'll also bring better response to your threads Smile

oh, sorry I've forgot to introduce myself.
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 12:16 am

thank you guys for the information. I have a question, what are the things to maintain high humidity.
Back to top Go down
tlb_05
Babycurus
tlb_05

Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 4:30 am

marisdok wrote:
thank you guys for the information. I have a question, what are the things to maintain high humidity.

Just mist them up say everyday Smile
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 7:19 am

Quote :

Just mist them up say everyday

That is one way of doing it but it can get kinda messy after a while if there's any chalk in your water....and then you've got the daily disturbance factor.
Another way would be to create a false bottom setup where you poured water directly down a tube leading to a gravel layer at the bottom of the enclosure. To keep the humidity at a high level you'd just fill this gravel reservoir up as needed..Supplementing maybe with an occasional water pour directly on the substrate.

Another thing you could think about is small wide leafed plants. The respiratory system of plants helps to create a higher humidity in enclosed spaces .. A false bottom will allow them to root down to that for water. As they lose leaves the decaying process will also add to the humidity....in fact placing a handful of any plant material in an enclosure will create a humidity gradient as it decays...and surely that environment would be pretty similar to what your Liocheles experiences in nature......Ah, ok, no probably not...that way would almost certainly end up attracting all sorts of undesirables... Embarassed

But false bottom and plants would be a more natural way instead of having to disturb them everyday by misting..

Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 8:17 am

just mix cocopeat and potting soil., don't make too much hole for ventilation. and mist the substrate. i misted l.autralasiae enclosure once a week.
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 10:10 am

is the venom of L. A can be treated. what is the level of the venom?
Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/25/2012, 10:22 am

marisdok wrote:
is the venom of L. A can be treated. what is the level of the venom?
very very mild venom,, got stung once when i was 10 y.o.. just numb for 10 minutes,but no pain., lol
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/28/2012, 7:47 pm

Guys I'm having 2 dwarf woods today. They are 4i and 3i, can I place them in one enclosure?
Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/29/2012, 1:05 am

yup,but make sure they get enough food.
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/29/2012, 6:52 am

how many days can i feed them in a week?
Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/29/2012, 7:39 am

once a week should be okay.
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/30/2012, 2:40 am

how many days will my 3i and 4i dwarf wood scorps will molt?
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/31/2012, 9:59 am

answer my question please. there's the question above.
Back to top Go down
Den
Babycurus
Den

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2011-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/31/2012, 10:47 am

Perhaps no one has answered your question because no one knows the answer...Why not just wait and see or even better....keep notes so you can post a Liocheles australasiae life cycle calendar at some time in the future.

Although to answer your question as best i can. I kept a few Liocheles australasiae years ago and can't remember them as being fast growers....So at a guess i'd say anywhere between 3 and 6 months.

Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty3/31/2012, 11:08 am

there are slow grower, and molting depends on how much u feed them. about 4,5 months.
Back to top Go down
marisdok
Pandinus

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty4/9/2012, 10:43 pm

Guys, what are the signs of premolt to my dwarfwood?
Back to top Go down
liocheles
Centruroides
liocheles

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty4/10/2012, 1:21 am

not much active, going through fasting for several month, look plump, choose to hide rather than hanging around outside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Owning a Liocheles australasiae   Owning a Liocheles australasiae Empty

Back to top Go down

Owning a Liocheles australasiae
Page 1 of 1